Trump Speech to National Boy Scout Jamboree

Any of the Trump supporters care to defend his speech / ramblings to the National Boy Scout Jamboree?

Focus on his "fake news" and "fake polls" diatribe during the speech was inappropriate.

I have no problem with his "You're fired" joke to Tom Price about getting the healthcare votes since it was obviously a joke. Media outlets focusing on this line show their bias.

This was not the audience for lines such as "killing this horrible thing known as Obamacare."

Explaining his "tremendous disadvantage in the Electoral College" and how they overcame it despite dishonest people. He then says "popular vote is much easier." Does he realize that he lost the popular vote by 3 million people or is his reality shaped by the voter fraud claims that nobody else can substantiate?

He said "We had the best jobs report in 16 years." Bureau of Labor Statistics data says differently (and it's not close.)

Finally, why would the sitting President exhort / encourage a group of children to boo former President Obama? It's just unbecoming in that setting.

Suspect he'll get plenty of backlash for it, but also strongly suspect he doesn't care.

We knew what he was when we elected him. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. I plan to live with it for three and a half years and hope for the best. As a parent of two eagle scouts I find it very offensive, but it is no different from what he has been doing for as long as he has been in the public eye.

We knew what he was when we elected him. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. I plan to live with it for three and a half years and hope for the best. As a parent of two eagle scouts I find it very offensive, but it is no different from what he has been doing for as long as he has been in the public eye.

I held out hope that he might change(even just a little) and realize how petty and self-serving he comes across as, after he took office, but it's becoming pretty clear that's not going to happen.

I remember the left booing the Boy Scouts at the 2000 DNC convention.. I guess whatever fits their agenda..

Agree that protesting the actual scouts in 2000 was wrong. That said, it was during a time when the BSA position on homosexuality in scouting was very restrictive (as were many viewpoints on homosexuality at that time). Of course, the BSA position has "evolved" (like most of society) on the subject such that the ban for membership was removed in 2014 and the ban on adult leaders being gay was removed in 2015.

I would argue the error in 2000 was inviting the scouts to the convention where it should have been expected delegates would protest them as an extension of the BSA policy they opposed.