Henderson County dismisses baseball Coach Nanthan Isenberg

Emmitt

Coach had a 675 winning percentage 280-139-1 in his 11 years as coach. Four regional championships, 2 final fours, 1 state runner up BUT the Super wants a different direction. In reality three parents wanted a different direction. Ringleader devised a scheme to get rid of Isenberg and worked it to perfection, culminating with a player posting stuff on social media and the player recording the conversation with the coach when he called to inquire about the post etc. Evidently an edited version was released to those in charge and thus the dismissal. Isenberg had dismissed an asst. coach earlier in the week who was rumored to have been working behind his back all season. That coach was kin to the player. Isenberg's record speaks for itself and the number of kids he has prepared for the next level is substantial. I might add that he is well respected by his peers and umpires in the second region. If I was a player or parent I would be very concerned about the different direction.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always been interesting coach wins every year but when the job came open in bowling green he applied and couldn't get a interview. Just wondering why he couldnt get a interview in his home town.

I've seen very good coaches over the years not get interviewed. The majority of the time the administration has enough time to know who they want before the summer even starts. There is also a lot of political influence as well as nepotism that goes in coaching too. It is a brutal job nowadays. The days of coaches staying in one place for 25-30 years is gone. I can't believe in this situation more investigation wasn't done before they fired him, if that is what happened.

Always been interesting coach wins every year but when the job came open in bowling green he applied and couldn't get a interview. Just wondering why he couldnt get a interview in his home town.

BG hired a former division 1 head coach. Why waste Isenbergs time stringing him along?

Interesting situation in this case. A lot of support for reinstating Coach Isenberg. Several hundred have signed a petition to that regard. The Super, principal and school board getting clobbered on social media since some interesting facts have come out. I think it's unlikely because educators and those on the board have a hard time admitting that they may have made a mistake. The only victims in this case are Coach Isenberg and his family.

Interesting situation in this case. A lot of support for reinstating Coach Isenberg. Several hundred have signed a petition to that regard. The Super, principal and school board getting clobbered on social media since some interesting facts have come out. I think it's unlikely because educators and those on the board have a hard time admitting that they may have made a mistake. The only victims in this case are Coach Isenberg and his family.

This educator makes mistakes all of the time and admits it.

Their are a bunch supporting him but a bunch that are happy to see him go. And on the bowling green job maybe your right since they had a great coach in line all ready. But if he is loved so much he should be able to find a job quick. Like I said the whole truth about him isn't coming out.

The phone call he said stuff he shouldnt say to the kid. The school system had to do it no matter how many wins he had or how many good things he has done. The audio of the phone call is all over Henderson.

A few hundred in a community of over 40,000. For every 1 person you find wanting him back I can guarantee you there are 4 glad to see him gone. There was no mistake made. Maybe he was setup but doesn't change the fact he did what he is accused of.

A few hundred in a community of over 40,000. For every 1 person you find wanting him back I can guarantee you there are 4 glad to see him gone. There was no mistake made. Maybe he was setup but doesn't change the fact he did what he is accused of.

Aside from the fact that he is gone is anyone concerned that taping someone without their knowledge is illegal?