McCracken County 2017

Ram

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Paducah Sun, Coach Clark is installing a new offensive scheme. Probably what he ran at Hoptown but there will be a learning curve as I believe McCracken has run a version of the Tony Franklin offense (or at least a spread offense) going back to the Lone Oak days.

Also, according to the report, junior Max Howard and soph Elijah Wheat are the front runners to start at QB. Howard was the primary backup last season and did well in limited action, so it'll be interesting to see who emerges.

I'll be interested to see how coach clark does at McCracken. his teams never lived up to their ability in my opinion. The last two years he lost to teams in the playoffs he never should have lost to.

Well, McCracken has struggled to post "upsets," though I suppose anytime you beat Mayfield, I guess that's an upset, no matter the school classification.

Anytime you start the season with a new quarterback, you never know. I can see McCracken going 9-1 in the regular season or things could get rocky and maybe 6-4. Not sure what the out-of-state foes on the schedule will bring.

People seem to forget that Clark inherited a 0 win team when he took over. I believe he lost to South Warren twice in the playoffs, not to mention fighting the basketball culture at Hopkinsville. I for one think he did a great job at Hopkinsville. I also think he's going to excel at McCracken.

People seem to forget that Clark inherited a 0 win team when he took over. I believe he lost to South Warren twice in the playoffs, not to mention fighting the basketball culture at Hopkinsville. I for one think he did a great job at Hopkinsville. I also think he's going to excel at McCracken.

The "basketball" culture? Please expand...

His issue was not being able to convince big kids to come out and play. He also basically refused to get involved in bud hudson/youth football. Lovelace can be accused of the same.

And clark lost to an average south warren team last year and to an average franklin simpson team the year before.

Last year he one of the more talented teams I can recall with Johnson, Cager, etc... his teams underachieved. nice guy, not a great coach...

The "basketball" culture? Please expand...

His issue was not being able to convince big kids to come out and play. He also basically refused to get involved in bud hudson/youth football. Lovelace can be accused of the same.

And clark lost to an average south warren team last year and to an average franklin simpson team the year before.

Last year he one of the more talented teams I can recall with Johnson, Cager, etc... his teams underachieved. nice guy, not a great coach...

Ok so I understand your Opinion on underachieving and recruiting size. But you obviously haven't walked down those hallways because there's not much size. When your best two players are debating quitting every year to focus on basketball, still playing AAu after July 22, and basically never catch back up afterwards creates some problems. As for bud Hudson I know for a fact that both head coaches tried to orchestrate clinics to educate bud Hudson coaches and Clark was routinely at the games on Saturday. Don't know how much more involved you want them to be.

I don't know what Glenbard North returns but they played the best team in Illinois last season(East St. Louis) close in the playoffs. That could be a very difficult game for McCracken. I'd predict 8-2 or 7-3 this season.

Guest fogdog.com

All that matters is how they do in the playoffs as their district is weak. A first round loss and the season is a failure

All that matters is how they do in the playoffs as their district is weak. A first round loss and the season is a failure

Not all first round games are the same. Last year they played a 4th seeded PRP team that was a top 10 team in 6A. This year, assuming they win the district, they'll play the fifth place finisher from their own district. A first round loss in that situation would be a complete surprise.

Not all first round games are the same. Last year they played a 4th seeded PRP team that was a top 10 team in 6A. This year, assuming they win the district, they'll play the fifth place finisher from their own district. A first round loss in that situation would be a complete surprise.

I thought they got trinty district. Which has 5 teams.