Top 10 Players in the state right now.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head (no particular order)

Moreno-Scott Co

Faulkner-Mercer Co

Taylor-Corbin

Harmon-Adair Co

Allen-Pendleton Co

Johnson-Trinity

Kunkel-Cooper

Fredrick-CovCath

Tandy-UHA

Fitzgerald-Pulaski Co

Off the top of my head (no particular order)

Moreno-Scott Co

Faulkner-Mercer Co

Taylor-Corbin

Harmon-Adair Co

Allen-Pendleton Co

Johnson-Trinity

Kunkel-Cooper

Fredrick-CovCath

Tandy-UHA

Fitzgerald-Pulaski Co

I don't know enough about the talent statewide to make a list, but this seems pretty solid.

1. Michael Moreno- Scott County

2. Andrew Taylor- Corbin

3. CJ Frederick- CovCath

4. David Johnson- Trinity

5. Zion Harmon- Adair County

6. Adam Kunkel- Cooper

7. Anthony Wales- Fern Creek

8. Steven Fitzgerald- Pulaski Co.

9. Trevon Faulkner- Mercer Co.

10. Mickey Pearson- John Hardin

These may not be the 10 best players in the state but these are 10 players who I would like to build a high school team around.

1. Michael Moreno- Scott County

2. Andrew Taylor- Corbin

3. CJ Frederick- CovCath

4. David Johnson- Trinity

5. Zion Harmon- Adair County

6. Adam Kunkel- Cooper

7. Anthony Wales- Fern Creek

8. Steven Fitzgerald- Pulaski Co.

9. Trevon Faulkner- Mercer Co.

10. Mickey Pearson- John Hardin

These may not be the 10 best players in the state but these are 10 players who I would like to build a high school team around.

Two glaring omissions that I see is Dontae Allen from Pendleton County and KyKy Tandy from UHA.

If Zion Harmon is not at top of list, the list is wrong. However good he was last season, he's even gotten better.

His summer accomplishments are beyond remarkable. I know many will say he is only a frosh to be but don't forget who he played (and shined) against this summer.

If the other 9 on list is not top 50 national, Zion is certainly #1 in state. I hate that he left (and how he left) BG but that has nothing to do with his skill. National recruiting service last week put Zion in top 5 in Nation, regardless of class. Other 3 were seniors to be and 1 upcoming junior. The reporter thinks Z could even be ranked higher than that.

Coast to Coast Preps is calling Zion the best 8th grader EVER. Not my words. This Monday college coaches are allowed to contact summer AAU coaches so more offers will be coming. Again, crazy statements that are very bold statements as well. May or May Not be correct but he is certainly in the conversation.

I think Zion is for sure top 3 in the state if not #1. Skill wise I am taking him #1, only thing holding him back at this point is size. If he stays this size I can see the next Tyler Ullis. If he grows 3-4 inches we may be looking at another Kyrie Irving.

If I was picking one player to build my team around I would not pick KyKy Tandy, I believe he doesn't give as much effort as the players I listed above defensively and although he may be the most talented of the group he just wouldn't be my first choice. I think KyKy is a great player and if I made a list specifically of the ten most talented then he would be on it. Also Donatie Allen was close to making my top 10.