First Came Love Then Came Marriage: BGP's Love & Marriage Thread

Science Friction

Okay, with all that's going on around us, I thought it would be nice to have a topic that would be a fun place to go to and share favorite anecdotes, quotations, or real-life stories above love, marriage, romance, and intimacy. I certainly don't claim to be an expert on the subject but I do enjoy reading and thinking about it.

My contribution will be mostly in the form of posting some of my favorite quotes about love, marriage, and romance. I will try to post at least one or two quotes and/or thoughts every day or two.

I hope you will come here often to enjoy a little levity or share a thought or two about men & women and relationships. Feel free to contribute. Share some laughs and some knowledge. We all need to laugh more and goodness knows we can never learn enough about this topic.

Ill begin the thread with one of my favorite quotes from satirist Lewis Grizzard. He used to be a regular on the Tonight Show with Carson. On the topic of marriage, Grizzard said,

" I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house."

:lol2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite ladies ever, Ms. Bette Davis, was NEVER one to mince words when it came to love, marriage and men.

"I'd marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage, and guarantee he'd be dead within a year."

Who read this book?

Menfrommars.jpg

I really think that what makes men/women relationships so hard is that we are indeed wired differently- we speak different languages, of sorts. A man speaks one thing and a woman interprets it according to the way her brain is wired. And vice versa...

"Women have a less accurate measure of time than men: there is a clock in Adam, none in Eve." --- Emerson

Dan Fogelberg song from 1984:

"The Language Of Love"

She says no

When she means yes

And what she wants

You know that I can't guess

When we want more

You know we ask for less

Such is the language of love

I say leave

When I mean stay

But she don't see