6A playoff question

My guess:

First, this is only going to be a two-year problem; the next alignment will fix it.

Second, District 2 only has three teams (Central Hardin, Meade County, North Hardin). District 1 has five teams. Currently, the fifth place team in D1 slides into the four spot in D2.

I suspect the fifth place team in D1 will take that spot one year and the fifth place team in D7 taking it the other. Each season, the opposite team will miss the playoffs.

Also, I understand both northern Kentucky districts have three teams but they also have a preexisting plan in place with the two five-team Louisville districts.

Bottom line, I don't know and we won't know until the BOC meets, but the above is a guess.

Interesting the lengths the khsaa will go to make sure T and X don't meet in the 1st round of playoffs. 6A should be like every other class and D1 vs. D2, D3 vs. D4, and so on. Would make things a lot less complicated.

Interesting the lengths the khsaa will go to make sure T and X don't meet in the 1st round of playoffs. 6A should be like every other class and D1 vs. D2, D3 vs. D4, and so on. Would make things a lot less complicated.

You do realize that there's no way they would meet in the first round even if their districts were matched up, right?

I know Frederick Douglass is the 5th team in one of the Lexington districts. Will #5 out of that district not make the playoffs? There's not another 3 team district to send that team off to.

The fifth-place team in Class 6A, District 7 will not qualify for the playoffs in 2017 and 2018.