Anchor Shepard Smith Breaks Ranks With FOX and Blasts Trump White House

Following on the heels of Conservative Krauthammer's slamming of the Trump White House over its "bungled collusion" with Russian operatives, now there's FOX anchor Shepard Smith.

Back in February, Smith defended Jim Acosta and CNN , saying that CNN's reporting was not "fake news."

Forward to this past Friday. Speaking with fellow anchor Chris Wallace , an exasperated Smith said the following:

We’re still not clean on this, Chris [Wallace]. If there’s nothing there — and that’s what they tell us, they tell us there’s nothing to this and nothing came of it, there’s a nothingburger, it wasn’t even memorable, didn’t write it down, didn’t tell you about it, because it wasn’t anything so I didn’t even remember it — with a Russian interpreter in the room at Trump Tower? If all of that, why all these lies? Why is it lie after lie after lie? If you clean, come on clean, you know? My grandmother used to say when first we practice to — Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. The deception, Chris, is mind-boggling. And there are still people who are out there who believe we’re making it up. And one day they’re gonna realize we’re not and look around and go, Where are we, and why are we getting told all these lies?

Who will be the next to break with the FOX company line and start saying what Charles and Shep have said and what we all know to be true- that deception rules the day in this White House?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on the heels of Conservative Krauthammer's slamming of the Trump White House over its "bungled collusion" with Russian operatives, now there's FOX anchor Shepard Smith.

Back in February, Smith defended Jim Acosta and CNN , saying that CNN's reporting was not "fake news."

Forward to this past Friday. Speaking with fellow anchor Chris Wallace , an exasperated Smith said the following:

We’re still not clean on this, Chris [Wallace]. If there’s nothing there — and that’s what they tell us, they tell us there’s nothing to this and nothing came of it, there’s a nothingburger, it wasn’t even memorable, didn’t write it down, didn’t tell you about it, because it wasn’t anything so I didn’t even remember it — with a Russian interpreter in the room at Trump Tower? If all of that, why all these lies? Why is it lie after lie after lie? If you clean, come on clean, you know? My grandmother used to say when first we practice to — Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. The deception, Chris, is mind-boggling. And there are still people who are out there who believe we’re making it up. And one day they’re gonna realize we’re not and look around and go, Where are we, and why are we getting told all these lies?

Who will be the next to break with the FOX company line and start saying what Charles and Shep have said and what we all know to be true- that deception rules the day in this White House?

Your thread title shows that you don't know anything about Shep Smith or Fox News.

Like a lot of folks, I'm bothered more by the Russia angle more than anything else. This administration has alienated several traditional allies, yet seems to kowtow to the Bear.

Are you talking about the Obama administration or Trump administration?

Neil Cavuto back in June:

“Mr. President, it’s not the ‘fake-news media’ that’s your problem— it’s you,” he said. “It’s not just your tweeting — it’s your scapegoating. It’s your refusal to see that sometimes you’re the one who’s feeding your own beast — and acting beastly with your own guys.”

Nice try.

Unfortunately, Trump will never have the opportunity to be President.

Honestly, in today's world, I'm not sure we will ever have another real President.

Isn't he the President?

What's a real President?

Isn't he the President?

What's a real President?

A real President doesn't spend his entire term under attack from the other side. A real President is able to actually serve in office. That may never happen again in our country.

A real President doesn't spend his entire term under attack from the other side. A real President is able to actually serve in office. That may never happen again in our country.

A President can do his job without love from the media.

With that said I agree that Presidents will continue to be heavily criticized.

Like a lot of folks, I'm bothered more by the Russia angle more than anything else. This administration has alienated several traditional allies, yet seems to kowtow to the Bear.

Without a doubt! Yet the blind loyalists will follow and deny no matter what. They then throw out Obama and Clinton stuff to justify their support. They are non-factors right now, nothing in the political landscape. Obama raking in dough and HRC is doing the same. As has been stated, he is not the problem, he is exactly what I thought. His supporters are what I find interesting, but I still say let him ride it out the 4 years. He was elected, let it play out. But he is going to continue to get bashed in the media. If he can't get a grip on that, his effectiveness will be nothing. Ignore them.

Take the high road DJT.

I am bothered by Russia's meddling and I am almost equally bothered that many people are not bothered.