New Ice Cream Parlor Concept in OTR

B-Ball-fan

I stumbled upon The Buzzed Bull Creamery friday night in OTR and thought that it was in innovative idea worth mentioning.

It’s an attractive brightly lit urban modern Ice Cream Parlor/Bar at 1408 Main in OTR where they serve alcohol infused Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt while also flash freezing your dessert on the spot with liquid nitrogen. You can also have your treat prepared non-alcoholic, but if there’s booze in it you must stay on the premises to eat it.

As you walk in the place the first thing you'll notice is the fog in the air from the liquid nitrogen process of flash freezing the ice cream, and also the huge display of liquor bottles on the wall behind the service counter.

It’s been open since May, and by the looks of things it’s quite a popular spot. As you might’ve guessed because of the booze it’s on the pricey side. I think that party goers probably justify paying for it since they’re out blowing their bucks anyhow.

Buzzed Bull Creamery now serving alcohol-infused ice cream in Over-the-Rhine - WCPO Cincinnati, OH

In the link provided when you click on “Read More” it will direct you to photos of the joint, and a short video displaying the process.

Here’s also a link to Yelp where there’s already a ton of reviews and pictures.

Buzzed Bull Creamery - 87 Photos & 53 Reviews - Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt - 14

Pretty cool idea! What's not to like there? Alcohol and ice cream, win win!

@B-Ball-fan, did you stumble more out of The Buzzed Bull Creamery? :woot:

Ha Ha...The sign at the entrance said "Keep the buzz going", but I just observed with intrigue, and was very tempted mind you, but have been chilling on both alcohol consumption, and extra unnecessary calories, so I took a pass on it.

Plus it was pricey, and being the tight wad that I am, I just couldn't justify it. (Anywhere from $5-$10 (maybe more) depending on size, alcohol or none, m&m's etc..mix-ins, 3 price levels on booze from lower to top shelf).

Judging by the smiles however on all of the lively patrons faces', they seemed to be very much enjoying their frozen creamy boozed-up treat.

I thought I saw this concept on Shark Tank once. I wonder if it is the same outfit.

Close.

I searched past Shark Tank videos to see, and I found one couple who were doing liquid nitrogen instant ice cream, and another group of guys who were pushing beer flavored ice cream, but I couldn't locate anything regarding booze infused liquid nitrogen ice cream.

[video=youtube;7LlOp6bna-M]

Who will be the first dumb parent to get their small kid one of these things.

One sure fire way to get them to wind down and go to sleep...JK :laugh:

Not saying that it isn't possible, but in truth the neighborhood has been transformed with young hipster single adults, and the majority of the establishments in its vicinity are mostly nightclubs and music venues, so it's not often that you see small children about.

Since the alcohol versions of the ice cream must be eaten on the premises, the employees wouldn't let the parent buy their child the boozed up version. You literally are carded before you're able to purchase.

I suppose when the help isn't looking the kid could try to gobble some up, but I'm thinking that the likelihood would be slim, and especially considering that the parent paid such a handsome price for it. I would think that even the most irresponsible boozed up parent would think "Oh no kiddo, this one is ALL MINE".

Since yesterday was National Ice Cream Day, I jumped on the Graeter’s $1.47 a dip special celebrating their 147th birthday, and had two dips of the Low Glycemic Vanilla Bean sweetened with monk fruit, which was awesome and creamy, and if I hadn’t been aware that it was low sugar I would not have been able to tell the difference. Still two dips of it came in at 42 total carbs, so I just called it my dinner.