PETA: From Bulls Running to Lobster Cracking---They Want it Stopped. Your Thoughts?

PETA --- Are their hearts in the right place but their heads out to lunch or are their heads in the right place and their hearts out to lunch? I personally have a hard time killing anything. I feel bad for even the smallest of creatures. So I understand(I think), the passion of a lot of PETA-ites. However, I won't be seen protesting the Running of the Bulls or the killing of lobster(I love lobster, btw, just don't know if I could kill one).

I think I know the answer to this mostly rhetorical question, but what are your thoughts on PETA? Where do agree with this organization? Where do you part company with these folks?

Someone mentioned PETA in another thread so I thought I'd get your thoughts on this activist group. Thanks.

bull run.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. But Seventh Day Adventists live, on average, 10 years longer than the American life expectancy. So they are doing something right and most SDA are vegan. A vegan diet is probably healthier. I would miss my seafood, though.

Reminds me of the joke where the doctor talks living longer by eating better and the guy replies no thanks I'll eat the corn dog now and just die before I start pooping my pants.

I think we have to admit that PETA does occasionally make some valid points. Don't we?

Yes they do occasionally, but so do almost all extreme groups.

I support no killer whales being kept in captivity, I support no unregulated slaughter of any wildlife, I support the death penalty for Elephant poachers in Africa...okay maybe not the DP, maybe just manual castration.

What I don't support are bans on all hunting, fishing and eating of meat.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

People who are intentionally cruel to animals are vile.

People who eat meat and wear animal products aren't.

PETA for the most part are overzealous whack jobs.

Agree. I'm sure many of the PETA people are good folks, too, but like a lot of those kind of groups(any groups, for that matter), there are some that hold very extreme views and go way too far.