Question--What do Republicans need to see before they change their minds?

Seriously-- those of you on the right -- what do you need to see that will change your mind about the current President?

There is a ton of gunslinging from both sides ... but is there anything that could truly ever change your minds? (This would also be a good thread for the other side as well).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is something that a lot of those who are not supporters of this president would like to know. What must you see before you can no longer be supportive of this man leading the country? If it is shown that his campaign colluded with Russia to try to affect the election, will you say he must go?

Change my mind on what?

I wasn't thrilled with Trump to begin with, but I preferred the idea of him over HRC. Not sure anything that has come about has changed my mind on that.

Only thing solidified for me is that I really can't trust any news outlet and everything needs to be viewed with a grain of salt on both sides of the aisle.

Change my mind on what?

I wasn't thrilled with Trump to begin with, but I preferred the idea of him over HRC. Not sure anything that has come about has changed my mind on that.

Only thing solidified for me is that I really can't trust any news outlet and everything needs to be viewed with a grain of salt on both sides of the aisle.

That's about the only thing that has been proven so far with this presidency.

I'm on the right, but did not vote for Trump because I think he's a blowhard (among other things). I didn't vote for Clinton either, because I think both of them are equally bad for America.

One of the few things Trump has done that I really like is his nomination of Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. I don't anticipate voting for him in 2020, assuming he runs for re-election.

Seriously-- those of you on the right -- what do you need to see that will change your mind about the current President?

There is a ton of gunslinging from both sides ... but is there anything that could truly ever change your minds? (This would also be a good thread for the other side as well).

I find it very sad that those on the left can't face the fact that their person lost. Folks need to move on and support their president. I didn't vote for Obama, but he was my president. I've lost a lot of respect for the left side.

I find it very sad that those on the left can't face the fact that their person lost. Folks need to move on and support their president. I didn't vote for Obama, but he was my president. I've lost a lot of respect for the left side.

I assume then, you have lost at least an equal amount of respect for those on the right for their behavior the previous 8 years?

The left is doing no favors to itself, to be sure. But lets not act as if the right has spent 8 years of cooperation and openness

I assume then, you have lost at least an equal amount of respect for those on the right for their behavior the previous 8 years?

The left is doing no favors to itself, to be sure. But lets not act as if the right has spent 8 years of cooperation and openness

In my opinion the left appears much worse now than over Obama's 8 years. I think a lot of that can because of how social media is used and more specifically, used by millennials.

Plenty of Republicans were clowns when it came to Obama, you just didn't constantly see it all over the place like you do with liberals the last 6-12 months.

Change my mind on what?

:thumb: This.

I have no idea what you are asking qs.

In my opinion the left appears much worse now than over Obama's 8 years. I think a lot of that can because of how social media is used and more specifically, used by millennials.

Plenty of Republicans were clowns when it came to Obama, you just didn't constantly see it all over the place like you do with liberals the last 6-12 months.

I disagree, but it's simply because I think we see what we want to see. When it's "our guy", we always think it's worse.

***Edited to add: I think the reason we are blind to what happens is because we are doing it ourselves.

I disagree, but it's simply because I think we see what we want to see. When it's "our guy", we always think it's worse.

***Edited to add: I think the reason we are blind to what happens is because we are doing it ourselves.

I did not see demonstrations during Obama's 8 years like I have seen the last 5 months. I did not see property destroyed or Obama's supporters beaten up for wearing a hat that made a reference to Obama.

If Trump truly did something that violated the law, then he should be held accountable. So far his supporters have seen him support the military, law enforcement, stand up for America and not kow-tow to foreign leaders, he has gotten rid of EPA regulations, gotten our NATO allies to uphold their commitment to pay their share of NATO's expenses, fire VA workers not doing their jobs to aid our veterans and shows respect and love for America.

He has not gotten everything he said he would do, but he is only 5 months into his term and Congress has to do their job as well. McConnell and Ryan need to get their act together. A good start for Trump, but there is much left to accomplish.