iPhone battery change?

True blue (and gold)

My two year old phone suddenly and miraculously won't stay charged. I hate to buy a new one. Has anyone had success with changing out a battery?

Yes. You should be able to YouTube how to change out the battery of your specific phone and there should be a video showing you a step by step way to do it. I watched the video a few times and then went to work. I've changed out iPhone batteries and screens all by watching the "how to" videos on YouTube.

My wife had this happen. She had the battery changed and then it started happening again about 2 months later. We eventually had to get a new phone.

Had the same issue on a Samsung battery years ago. A factory reset fixed the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Was there a recent software update?

It seems when the older phones will run a lot of the new software updates but it usually zaps the battery pretty quickly.

Think it's part of Apple's ploy to try and get you to buy the new phone.

I've seen this happen a lot and I agree that it seems too convenient for this to happen right after "updates". I've even experienced this a few times myself. As far as battery life goes 2 years is around the standard range for an iPhone.