Simon Kenton's Ally Niece Injures Knee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK before rumors fly and others start the gossip tree. Yes Ally Niece suffered a knee injury tearing her ACL, MCL during summer games. Injuries happen it's part of the game. She has had the surgery and is recovering comfortably. It will be more than likely that the lady pioneers will have her back in uniform mid January.

OK before rumors fly and others start the gossip tree. Yes Ally Niece suffered a knee injury tearing her ACL, MCL during summer games. Injuries happen it's part of the game. She has had the surgery and is recovering comfortably. It will be more than likely that the lady pioneers will have her back in uniform mid January.

I was hoping it was just rumor or incorrect info. Best of luck to the young lady!

Knees just was not made to play basketball 12 months out of the year. Boys should play Baseball and girls should play Volleyball and or softball. When I grew up, AAU was not around and ACL was nearly heard of.

Agree with you in general, but in this case Niece was not playing aau this summer. I asked her specifically if she felt fatigued in any way, and she said she felt strong. I wish the girls specifically would spend less time on the court, and more time in the weight room training specifically to avoid these injuries (Acl/Mcl injuries more common to females). Does your program have strength training?

One difference I see is when I was in high school (mid 70S) girls basketball was very slow. Not the speed up and down the court and stopping and starting quickly like they do today. They only played during season except for backyard and street games in the summer. So I think that's why a lot more injured knees these days.

Agree with you in general, but in this case Niece was not playing aau this summer. I asked her specifically if she felt fatigued in any way, and she said she felt strong. I wish the girls specifically would spend less time on the court, and more time in the weight room training specifically to avoid these injuries (Acl/Mcl injuries more common to females). Does your program have strength training?

Yes, Mason has a very good weight training program for both programs. I believe they even have a weight lifting class. I have bad knees and doctors have tod me that knees to rest or at least do other sports to use different muscles.

One difference I see is when I was in high school (mid 70S) girls basketball was very slow. Not the speed up and down the court and stopping and starting quickly like they do today. They only played during season except for backyard and street games in the summer. So I think that's why a lot more injured knees these days.

I totally agree with you on the speed of the game and girls are much better athletics and quicker which means cuts are athletic and sharper.