Ryle HS & Bowling Green HS Travel to Dalton, GA for Southeastern 7 on 7 Tourney

Ryle and Bowling Green will again travel to Dalton, Georgia this weekend to compete in the Southeastern 7 on 7 Tournament in Dalton, Georgia. This years tourney appears to be a bit down from last year, as nearly 32 teams competed last year and this years tournament will have only 24 (from what I'm told at this point). Plus teams you might have heard of like Cartersville, GA (with the nations #1 QB prospect) and Brentwood Academy will not travel to Dalton this year. However, the competition is still slated to be really good.

Ryle will compete in Pool B (at Lakeshore Park) on Friday.

Their games (as it stands now) are:

1:40 vs SE Whitfield, GA

3:00 vs Hickory Ridge

3:40 vs Greenville, GA

5:00 vs NW Whitfield, GA

6:20 vs Christian Heritage

I am not in the know on Ryle, but do know that their terrific D1 QB graduated last season and they should have some new-comers to break in down in Dalton. Last season Ryle competed well in their first trip to this tourny and played in the Silver Bracket on Saturday where they won a few games and were eliminated by North Murray, who won the Silver Bracket last year.

Bowling Green will send a nearly whole new squad to Dalton this season as compared to the veteran group that finished fifth (or sixth) overall last season. Bowling Green will compete in Pool C (at North Murray HS) on Friday and their games are as follows:

1:40 vs Thomasville, GA

3:00 vs Maplesville, AL (I know they won the single A state championship in AL last year but not sure how many return for them, but a good squad)

3:40 vs Pepperell, GA (First time to Dalton)

5:00 vs North Murray, GA (up in coming team and gave BG a good game last year)

6:20 vs Coahulla Creek, GA (likely the easiest team on their schedule, but they played BG tough last year as we were gassed by the time we played them in the heat).

Purple Nation and I plan to go so we will have updates for you Friday and Saturday. Again, we are unable to watch Ryle play during pool action as the venues will not allow site hopping. BUT hoping to catch up with Fletch & the Raiders on Saturday if everything works out.

Go Raiders & Go Purples!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the new faces for BGHS to suit up and give it a shot. They will have many kinks to work out but that's what makes these 7on7s valuable. 7on7 may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is good for the Purples, especially this year. Jimbo Fisher (Florida State) as well as assistants from schools like Georgia and Clemson was lurking around last year. The kids on the field perk up when they see these guys on the sidelines.

Sorry, I won't be going to Dalton, my son is an OL so he won't have to go. But I will be sending out updates via Ryle's Twitter depending if can talk some of the parents on updating me. Feel free to follow Ryle's twitter @ryleraiderfball

@Fletch_F_Fletch , sorry we will not get to meet up, but completely understand. I will be keeping up with the Raiders this weekend and hope they do well. Another time perhaps...

Thomasville, GA is usually pretty stout. Think they have been a little down lately.

The other schools elude me that BG is playing.

Look like Pepperell went 10-2 and lost big to Benedictine in 2A (who crushed everyone)

Coahulla Creek went 0-10 in AAA

North Murray went 8-4 in 3A

The Hickory Ridge team Ryle is playing is intriguing. I dont see a Hickory Ridge , GA...

If it is Hickory Ridge, NC they went 12-3 last year and was in the 3-AA Semi-Finals which would probably be a 4A or 5A school in KY

Greenville, GA went 1-9 in 1A

Christian Heritage went 1-9 in 1A-Privates

SE Whitfied went 5-5 in 4A

NW Whitfield went 8-4 in 4A

Thomasville, GA is usually pretty stout. Think they have been a little down lately.

The other schools elude me that BG is playing.

Look like Pepperell went 10-2 and lost big to Benedictine in 2A (who crushed everyone)

Coahulla Creek went 0-10 in AAA

North Murray went 8-4 in 3A

Good run down ATL,

I agree that Thomasville should be tough. I believe they return most of their starting skill guys from last year.

BG will play mostly last years second string who get the chance to step up into the starting roles this year. Exciting to see the new guys get those chances. Good environment for them to be tested early, get critiqued and get better. That's the plan anyway.

If Cartersville plays again this year (I know BG played them last year)... they are expected to be loaded once more and QB Trevor Lawrence is being considered the #1 QB in America.

I doubt they will be there..but if for some reason Prince Avenue Christian from Athens is there let me know. That's my nephew's school (he is only in middle school) and my in-laws are plugged in there so I always liek following them.

It's HOT!

Down with the Purples in Dalton, GA.

BG has played 3 of their 5 pool games thus far.

Beating Thomasville GA 40-6, Walker Valley TN 30-19, and squeezing by Pepper GA 27-26.

For the Purples, Jr QB Beau Buchanon has been sharp with no turnovers and putting the ball on the money. The defense has been pretty good as well with nice plays made by the corners and safety's on numerous occasions.

BG finishes the day against North Murray and Coalluha Creek GA. All are pretty good teams except the last one, but they aren't as good as Cartersville GA obviously.

Purples learning every game. I will let you know how they finish the day and what tomorrow looks like a little later today.

Purples QB, Beau BuCANNON, has played a great first 3 games (2 more today to go). 13 TDs NO INTs in first 3 games.

Vito Tisdale (RB) looks like Vito. Scoring a few out of backfield. In real games, very hard to stop.

Stouter completion in next game and a couple of stud teams tomorrow. Hotter than blue blazes but fun.

Young secondary may be best story so far for the Purples. Bending but hadn't broke yet!

It's HOT!

Down with the Purples in Dalton, GA.

BG has played 3 of their 5 pool games thus far.

Beating Thomasville GA 40-6, Walker Valley TN 30-19, and squeezing by Pepper GA 27-26.

For the Purples, Jr QB Beau Buchanon has been sharp with no turnovers and putting the ball on the money. The defense has been pretty good as well with nice plays made by the corners and safety's on numerous occasions.

BG finishes the day against North Murray and Coalluha Creek GA. All are pretty good teams except the last one, but they aren't as good as Cartersville GA obviously.

Purples learning every game. I will let you know how they finish the day and what tomorrow looks like a little later today.

Purples QB, Beau BuCANNON, has played a great first 3 games (2 more today to go). 13 TDs NO INTs in first 3 games.

Vito Tisdale (RB) looks like Vito. Scoring a few out of backfield. In real games, very hard to stop.

Stouter completion in next game and a couple of stud teams tomorrow. Hotter than blue blazes but fun.

Young secondary may be best story so far for the Purples. Bending but hadn't broke yet!

Thanks for the updates guys @Purple88 @Purple Nation

We are at different field than Ryle. We will know tomorrow. Purples lose 21-18 at end of game to North Murray. Let it slip through our hands. We still should make championship bracket tomorrow.

Rain, thunder, lightning delay now. We will give update later tonight if we get final game in and then will hit it strong in the morning.