Cross Bracketing

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know why 2A is very different. I have an idea.

And I would really like to know what schools voted what way. I think some of them might be predictable.

No inside info but just a hunch:

-The two NKY Districts iN Region 3 like their set-up for travel purposes.

- The Far Eastern District in Region 4 may not like their matchup, but definitely don't want to drive to NKY.

- The CKY District in Region 4 loves their matchup and would rather drive to EKY than a shorter drive to NKY for a stiffer test.

- The Louisville District in Region 2 loves their matchup. It is manageable and an easy drive.

- The Southern KY District in Region 2 would much rather go play either WKY District. You still have a tough team to beat, but a 2nd Round win is much more likely.

- Mayfield and their District is perfectly content in their situation

- The other Region 1 District would love to cross District, well.... as long as it is against the SKY District

I haven't seen the new bracket. The item was listed on the agenda to adopt the brackets in the meetings on Friday but there isn't an attachment of what they are. Several other attachments, such as track re-alignment, are there but no football attachment.

This is one of those things I expected an almost immediate release.

I am going to say with 90% accuracy that this is NOT what the voting members wanted as a resolution. They wanted rotation inside of the semi state. Not for Floyd Central to travel to Louisville Central in the 1st round. SMH.