Western Kentucky 2017

CyrusJS

Thought I'd make a thread about it since there is now one about LWC and Minnesota :eek:

Sat, Sep 2 vs Eastern KY 6:00 PM

Sat, Sep 9 @Illinois 7:00 PM

Sat, Sep 16 vs LA Tech 6:00 PM

Sat, Sep 23 vs Ball State 6:00 PM

Sat, Oct 7 @UTEP 7:00 PM

Sat, Oct 14 vs Charlotte 3:30 PM

Fri, Oct 20 @Old Dominion TBD

Sat, Oct 28 vs FL Atlantic 3:30 PM

Sat, Nov 4 @Vanderbilt TBD

Sat, Nov 11 @marshall 5:30 PM

Fri, Nov 17 vs Middle TN 7:00 PM

Fri, Nov 24 @FIU 6:00 PM

WKU should be the favorites in all games next year, except Vanderbilt since it is on the road. WKU was favored against them the last two years, though, so who knows.

With a new coaching staff who knows how the Tops will finish. After finishing in the AP Top 25 in 2015, and 29th in 2016, one figures we are due to finish well again and perhaps three-peat for a conference championship and 5th straight bowl win. If they can manage to go undefeated, which is possible vs this schedule, WKU is being discussed for the G5 NY6 bowl.

Personally, with a new coaching staff, I think we finish the regular season 10-2, which is still very good. If Brohm had stayed, I'd say undefeated.

Now if we can just convince someone to let us in on the Gov's Cup :cry:

They had several from KY committed until Brohm left for Purdue. Brohm gutted our recruiting class. We went from 1st in CUSA to like 4th.

I love that we recruited KY a lot more than other schools by far. Most of our best players over the last few years are KY kids.

Thought I'd make a thread about it since there is now one about LWC and Minnesota :eek:

Sat, Sep 2 vs Eastern KY 6:00 PM

Sat, Sep 9 @Illinois 7:00 PM

Sat, Sep 16 vs LA Tech 6:00 PM

Sat, Sep 23 vs Ball State 6:00 PM

Sat, Oct 7 @UTEP 7:00 PM

Sat, Oct 14 vs Charlotte 3:30 PM

Fri, Oct 20 @Old Dominion TBD

Sat, Oct 28 vs FL Atlantic 3:30 PM

Sat, Nov 4 @Vanderbilt TBD

Sat, Nov 11 @marshall 5:30 PM

Fri, Nov 17 vs Middle TN 7:00 PM

Fri, Nov 24 @FIU 6:00 PM

WKU should be the favorites in all games next year, except Vanderbilt since it is on the road. WKU was favored against them the last two years, though, so who knows.

With a new coaching staff who knows how the Tops will finish. After finishing in the AP Top 25 in 2015, and 29th in 2016, one figures we are due to finish well again and perhaps three-peat for a conference championship and 5th straight bowl win. If they can manage to go undefeated, which is possible vs this schedule, WKU is being discussed for the G5 NY6 bowl.

Personally, with a new coaching staff, I think we finish the regular season 10-2, which is still very good. If Brohm had stayed, I'd say undefeated.

Now if we can just convince someone to let us in on the Gov's Cup :cry:

You expect WKU to be a road favorite at Illinois? That would be mildly surprising to me.

Illinois is supposed to be dreadful this year, as most years. I'd say WKU will be a 3pt favorite on the road, much like they were @Vanderbilt in 2015.

I think most publications have WKU in the 30-50 range (depending on G5 bias), and most have Illinois wayyyy down the totem pole.

• 3 weeks later...

WKU sits with the #1 recruiting ranking in CUSA so far, and at about mid 60's nationally. Pretty solid from a first year staff.

We also got our first commitment from a KY kid, CB Shannon Bishop from Pleasure Ridge Park.

I think Brohm and staffs departure will effect this years squad more than what people think. There's always some chaos during a big coaching transition. I see a winning season...more along the lines of 8-4!

10-2 would be outstanding if they could pull it off.