Cubs at Reds 6/30 - 7/2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but Scooter should be starting at 2nd base and Peraza'a non hitting, bad fielding butt should be his backup. All I've heard Chris Welsh say for the last 3 days was what a good job the current hitting coach has been doing and yet they haven't gotten Peraza to where he even looks like he knows what he is doing. If he is our future ss then this team is in trouble defensively as well as offensively.

Sorry but Scooter should be starting at 2nd base and Peraza'a non hitting, bad fielding butt should be his backup. All I've heard Chris Welsh say for the last 3 days was what a good job the current hitting coach has been doing and yet they haven't gotten Peraza to where he even looks like he knows what he is doing. If he is our future ss then this team is in trouble defensively as well as offensively.

When did .253 become "non-hitting?"

When did .253 become "non-hitting?"

I guess your standards are a lot lower than most. Maybe instead of "non-hitting" I should have used very light hitting or "non-getting" on base to describe his at bats. He has a .253 avg., .280 obp., .332 slg., .612 ops compared to Scooter's .299, .338, .576, .915. Honestly there is no comparison between the two guys at bats. Peraza will swing at anything that they throw up there and batting in the 8th hole he gets a lot better pitches to hit than he would ever get batting higher in the lineup. He has a paltry 5 bbs in 75 games batting ahead of the pitcher. He just gives away at bats.

I guess your standards are a lot lower than most. Maybe instead of "non-hitting" I should have used very light hitting or "non-getting" on base to describe his at bats. He has a .253 avg., .280 obp., .332 slg., .612 ops compared to Scooter's .299, .338, .576, .915. Honestly there is no comparison between the two guys at bats. Peraza will swing at anything that they throw up there and batting in the 8th hole he gets a lot better pitches to hit than he would ever get batting higher in the lineup. He has a paltry 5 bbs in 75 games batting ahead of the pitcher. He just gives away at bats.

Why would the 8 hitter get better pitches to hit than someone higher in the order? If he's batting in front of Votto or Duvall, maybe but I don't envision Peraza hitting in the 2 hole for any reason. However, no P in his right mind is gonna throw good pitches to anyone who's followed by the P and Hamilton (other than the fact that he's a mediocre hitter at best - but that's true regardless of where he is in the lineup).