States' SOSs reject Trump "voter fraud" commission

Some states reject “voter fraud” commission's request for voter data - CBS News

Some states reject “voter fraud” commission'''s request for voter data

Grimes: 'Not on my watch' will we release voter info - CNN

Grimes: '''Not on my watch''' will we release voter info

Mississippi Official Tells President Trump's Voter Fraud Commission to 'Go Jump in the Gulf of Mexico' - TIME

Mississippi Official Tells President Trump'''s Voter Fraud Commission to '''Go Jump in the Gulf of Mexico'''

Happy to see states standing up for their citizens.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the Citizens in danger of if the States weren't standing up for them.

Our voting registration information...That's all they want? They way ALG was going on and on, I thought they were wanting our medical records, credit score and bank balance. IMO if the state has this information the Federal government should be able to get it. I know it get's used by the political parties to target likely voters and send out mailings around election time...so ALG and other SOS's will turn over this same info to political party's within their states but won't give it to Washington DC :no:

Our voting registration information...That's all they want? They way ALG was going on and on, I thought they were wanting our medical records, credit score and bank balance. IMO if the state has this information the Federal government should be able to get it. I know it get's used by the political parties to target likely voters and send out mailings around election time...so ALG and other SOS's will turn over this same info to political party's within their states but won't give it to Washington DC :no:

ALG is kind of similar to Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

Her hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It's my understanding that the commission asked for sensitive info, including the last 4 of each voter's social, and they are asking that it be uploaded to an unsecured site. I have a big problem with that.

The chorus of denials is bipartisan. Republican officials in Indiana, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma at least have also already said that they won't hand over information beyond name, address, and voting district.

Some information, such as party affiliation, is available in some states and Oklahoma's response was pretty hilarious, saying that the commission could pay the same $12,500 fee that anyone else pays for Oklahoma's voter registry.

Other information is barred from being shared by state law in some places. Don't know how much of that is the case here.

The chorus of denials is bipartisan. Republican officials in Indiana, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma at least have also already said that they won't hand over information beyond name, address, and voting district.

Some information, such as party affiliation, is available in some states and Oklahoma's response was pretty hilarious, saying that the commission could pay the same $12,500 fee that anyone else pays for Oklahoma's voter registry.

Other information is barred from being shared by state law in some places. Don't know how much of that is the case here.

I'm not saying it was one party or the other, I'm asking what is the danger of Washington knowing what Frankfort, Indianapolis and Sacramento already know?

I'm not saying it was one party or the other, I'm asking what is the danger of Washington knowing what Frankfort, Indianapolis and Sacramento already know?

Could be anything. Would make it easier to round everybody up when it comes time for the inevitable government takeover. The feds could much more easily freeze people's assets and track down legal gun owners for confiscation. With SSNs — and what I read on AP was that it is full SSNs, not just the last 4 digits — it also would make it much easier for the feds to round up whole families quickly.

Plus, there's clearly a states' rights argument that could be made here as well. Such a move is a severe challenge to each state's individual sovereignty and self-determination.

Heck, they've already got our tax info, which is bad enough. Let's draw that line right there.

Could be anything. Would make it easier to round everybody up when it comes time for the inevitable government takeover. The feds could much more easily freeze people's assets and track down legal gun owners for confiscation. With SSNs — and what I read on AP was that it is full SSNs, not just the last 4 digits — it also would make it much easier for the feds to round up whole families quickly.

Plus, there's clearly a states' rights argument that could be made here as well. Such a move is a severe challenge to each state's individual sovereignty and self-determination.

Heck, they've already got our tax info, which is bad enough. Let's draw that line right there.

Right they already have our tax info, address and full social security numbers (after all they gave them out.) I'm failing to see what it hurts to know if I voted once, twice of 5 times in the last 10 years.

I find it humorous that you try to spin this as a protection of the 2nd amendment and they are going to use my voting records to come take my guns. Thanks for looking out for us Gun Nuts!!!

How will voting records help "Round up" my entire family any easier than filing my taxes currently would?

They need my voting record to freeze my assets? I don't recall giving my banking records out when I vote...but they already have all of that when I file may taxes.

My point is of everything you are trying to stir up concern over in your post, it's all already in the hands of Washington.

They are just asking for voting records to ensure that your dead cousin George hasn't been voting for 20 years since he died.

Right they already have our tax info, address and full social security numbers (after all they gave them out.) I'm failing to see what it hurts to know if I voted once, twice of 5 times in the last 10 years.

We all know how inefficient the US government is. Why help them connect dots?

I find it humorous that you try to spin this as a protection of the 2nd amendment and they are going to use my voting records to come take my guns. Thanks for looking out for us Gun Nuts!!!

Spin? Please sir. I am a gun owner as well. You know good and well that when the rubber meets the road, the feds will use whatever means necessary.

How will voting records help "Round up" my entire family any easier than filing my taxes currently would?

As noted before, it makes it a lot easier for a hopelessly inefficient bureaucratic monster to connect the dots. I'd rather make it harder for them.

They need my voting record to freeze my assets? I don't recall giving my banking records out when I vote...but they already have all of that when I file may taxes.

Same scenario applies. Don't make it easier for the feds.

My point is of everything you are trying to stir up concern over in your post, it's all already in the hands of Washington.

They are just asking for voting records to ensure that your dead cousin George hasn't been voting for 20 years since he died.

I have a brother named George, as well as a father with that name as well. His father, also named George, died in 2001. There's nobody left with our same last name where he was registered to vote in his stead.