John Calipari Sending Feelers to the Knicks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he would have been gone a few years ago when the Cavs offered. However at the time it still wasn't for certain that James was coming back. Plus with all the players who returned that year for him, it made it almost impossible to leave.

I know a lot of UK fans act like he would never leave for the NBA. However imo it will happen if the right situation comes along.

Give me one good reason why he needs to stay at UK until Brad graduates. Like Brad needs to graduate from college to have a successful life.

So that he can spend time with his son while coaching, and teaching him how to coach in college.

So that he can spend time with his son while coaching, and teaching him how to coach in college.

Gotcha. You assume that if Cal goes to the Knicks that Brad will stay at UK while I assume that if Cal goes to the Knicks then Brad becomes an employee of the Knicks. I see the disconnect now.

Brad will still graduate from UK, then get a job with the Knicks or wherever his dad ends up. Or dad helps him get a job with one of his college coaching buddies. If Brad wants to coach, he'll get a chance to coach somewhere with or without Dad.