Mohamed Bamba's brother alleges NCAA violations.

Brother of prized Texas recruit Mohamed Bamba alleges NCAA violations involving financial advisor

Ibrahim Johnson, a 6-foot-7 forward whose basketball career ended at Division II Montevallo, posted the 22-minute video on Wednesday afternoon. Shirtless and sitting poolside, Johnson alleged that Bamba accepted $200 a week in cash, vacations and gifts, including a California king size bed, from Greer Love, who is a vice president at Huron Capital. Love has degrees from Indiana and Michigan and previously worked at Watch Hill Partners, an Investment Bank in New York, according to his Huron Capital bio.

“He’s not going to play this year in the NCAA because I already reported him to the NCAA and I’m already going to meet with the NCAA,” said Johnson. “He’s not going to play this year. I’m not going to lie to you. I exposed that kid.”

The impetus for Johnson’s decision to turn Bamba in was a rift between the family that he alleges was caused by Love. Johnson was planning on following Bamba to whatever school he chose, enrolling in graduate school there and taking classes to become an NBA agent to represent Bamba. Bamba, according to Johnson, cut him out of the process. This is his revenge.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like this whole thing is a load...The brother has been in numerous run ins with the law recently and is quite shady.

I have no idea about this story but sometimes the tips come from shady characters. I believe the Pete Rose situation started when he didn't pay his bookie for bets he owed and the bookie ran his mouth.

A player at another school could potentially be ineligible, so Cal wants to leave for a NBA team? I'm not connecting your dots.
Think Cal could have perhaps done something illegal with Bamba?

Well of course not........