Lafayette 2017

Ram

Who will be the starting qb?

Whoever it is will have big shoes to fill. Walker Wood was/is such a special football player. The only other qb that played for them the last few years was Quentin Brown who was a wide receiver and a senior. With coaching changes and Wood gone I would expect a revamped offense. The defense has the players but really needs to step up. Last season they gave up a lot of production and relied on the offense to put up big numbers.

Whoever it is will have big shoes to fill. Walker Wood was/is such a special football player. The only other qb that played for them the last few years was Quentin Brown who was a wide receiver and a senior. With coaching changes and Wood gone I would expect a revamped offense. The defense has the players but really needs to step up. Last season they gave up a lot of production and relied on the offense to put up big numbers.

One receiver is listed as a qb also he is 6"3 180 pounds De'Kawn Edwards.

Defense will be solid they 2 really good linebackers in 6'1 210 pound Shaw and 6'1 210 pound Blake.

Just a question, but how is the defense going to be solid after giving up nearly 26 points per game last year? I believe this team relied heavily on it's offense to "outscore" nearly everyone vs. stopping teams. They gave up more points that any 6A team with a winning record in 2016. Not disputing your theory but were they young on defense last year? If they were then that would explain a lot and they should be better this season.

Just a question, but how is the defense going to be solid after giving up nearly 26 points per game last year? I believe this team relied heavily on it's offense to "outscore" nearly everyone vs. stopping teams. They gave up more points that any 6A team with a winning record in 2016. Not disputing your theory but were they young on defense last year? If they were then that would explain a lot and they should be better this season.

Shaw and Blake are the real deal.

They was good enough to make it to the state finals last year.

Yes they were and no one is disputing that. I think the point is that they will have to improve on defense this year if they are going to get any where near that far this year. They had some special offensive players last year that as far as I know aren't coming back for a 5th year. They should still be good but it's hard to replace players of the caliber they lost and not miss a beat. The 2 linebackers might be the "real deal" (1 is proven the other is not) but it's going to take more than that.

26 points a game? I looked it up 21.8 which isn't that bad.

26 points a game? I looked it up 21.8 which isn't that bad.

How did you get that? Using all fifteen games I came with an average of 25.7 points given up by the defense per game, which increases to 27.6 points if you don't count the forfeit win as a game (which honestly it shouldn't be for calculating defense production).