Open Job: Powell County

Not posted yet on Powell website, so a little early to speculate n a replacement.

Talked with another district coach and he had told me that Varney did indeed take the job at Montgomery County, so yes Varney is at Montgomery, leaving Powell County open and searching for a new head coach

Going to be hard to replace Varney, in Stanton I think. The guy knows how to win games.

Lets hear, whose leaving in the 14th?

Have heard that Knott is open (several different sources saying same thing), Have heard Breathitt is open...yet again and have heard that Leslie County is either open or could be open.

• 2 weeks later...

Im so confused on why you keep pushing this guy on every thread where a job is open? He graduated from Phelps if I'm not mistaken? I can't imagine him knowing too much about building a program. From what I can tell the whole time he's been at Bracken County he's never even won 20 games.

Im so confused on why you keep pushing this guy on every thread where a job is open? He graduated from Phelps if I'm not mistaken? I can't imagine him knowing too much about building a program. From what I can tell the whole time he's been at Bracken County he's never even won 20 games.

I'd guess you haven't spent much time around the Bracken Co. Program. If memory serves he was 16th region COY at Elliott Co. before he came to Bracken, at a time when they weren't winning 5 games a year. He's built a team that competes year in and year out with the athletes they have, has won multiple district titles, and is improving on a daily basis. If you're not interested in him as baseball coach, you clearly "don't know much about building a program," as you said. He's the kind of guy you want coaching your kids.

I guess you know now why I push him so I'll keep from repeating Pi. I've watched, competed, and became good friends with Coach Charles and mainly because of the respect I've gained for him due to what he's accomplished at Bracken. By the way, I haven't pushed him on the West Carter thread yet, that would be a great fit for him as well. He may be the man to take the Brown boys farther than they went this year!