• Geathers, Robert
    • Krumrie, Tim
    • Reid, Mike
    • Skow, Jim
    • Smith, Justin
    • Thornton, John
    • Whitley, Wilson
    • Wilkinson, Dan

As a part of the celebration of the Bengal's 50th year of existence, the organization is having fans vote on a "First 50" team of the 50 greatest past Bengals players. The voting period has officially ended, but I thought it might be fun to discuss who you'd pick by position.

Given the percent of running backs from the total pool of players to choose from, you should be able to pick 5 defensive linemen and still keep a fairly even distribution from among other positions.

You can check out the players in the link and look at some basic info on their individual careers with the team. Bengals First 50

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN:

1) Bacon, Coy

2) Browner, Ross

3) Buck, Jason

4) Burley, Gary

5) Copeland, John

6) Edwards, Eddie

7) Geathers, Robert

8) Krumrie, Tim

9) Reid, Mike

10) Skow, Jim

11) Smith, Justin

12) Thornton, John

13) Whitley, Wilson

14) Wilkinson, Dan

Bacon, Reid, Krumrie and Edwards top 4. Since Atkins isn't on list I'll stop at four.

Still upsets me almost 30'yeara later that krumrie and Wilson played little or none of SB 23. What a huge loss on both sides.

• 2 weeks later...
Footballerforever...... Alfred Williams played a lot of linebacker for the Bengals.

He may be on the linebacker poll.

They mainly used him at DE as a pass rusher his nickname was the big cat. He played RDE, Wilkson and Krumrie at DT and Copeland at the other end.

I stand corrected! Just remembered him playing linebacker also. You have a good memory,because "94" would have been the only year all those guy's played together. Krumrie's last,Wilkinson's first. Then Copeland, and Williams.

Don't remember him called the "big cat",but you may be right.But i do remember they called him "the condor",because of his long arms. love the memories.

Thanks.