Any word on Montgomery County new baseball coach?

Montgomery County is getting a solid coach in Varney. Coached Powell County from 2006-2017. Compiling a record of 277-150 (overall), 160-57 (region) and 64-29 (district)....Took Powell County to 2 different state tournaments including the semi-state before it became just state tournament, however, he's a good coach but the post season hasn't been so kind to him. Won 4 district titles, 2 region titles, lost 3 region championship games. 3 times he's lost in the semi-finals or the first round of the region tournament and 2 seasons he never got out of district tournament. Like I said he's a good coach but post season hasn't been good to him...I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making his way back to the 56th district.....40th district is a lot different than the 56th ...

You do realize that only one team wins their last game every year. Saying the postseason hasn't been kind to him and then listing all the years when he got beat. Every team loses at the end of the year, but one. Looks like his teams win around 70% of the time. That is pretty good in my book.

Yes. I did say he was a solid coach, I'd take him on my team any day but his post season record isn't the best. The 40th district is not like the 56th. It's a lot harder and rougher when your having to deal with GRC and Bourbon every year.

Completely agree. district and region complete different makeup.