Brent Spence Bridge Maintenance Project

Pura Vida

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully, I don't travel on 71/75 at all. I do dread all the extra traffic that will be on Dixie Highway in the mornings though. That is sure to add time to my commute.

I never travel it either, but this is going to be awful for all of NKY I believe.

471 will probably be drastically affected with overflow traffic, which I drive just about 7 days a week.

Word from some government officials is that this effort is 60 days IF everything is perfect. More likely to be 4 months and could be 6.

Well, if that is the case, the contractor will owe the state $20,000 per DAY for every day beyond 60 days.

I use the Brent Spence Bridge 2x a day, every day, and this entire deal is going to be a fiasco. I'm sure I'll do 275 to Kellogg, to Columbia Parkway a lot, but I'm equally sure that each day will be an adventure.

Word from some government officials is that this effort is 60 days IF everything is perfect. More likely to be 4 months and could be 6.

If that's true, that is total bullcrap. Why send out so many press releases that it's going to be 60 days if you know it's going to be closer to 120 or 180?

I read yesterday that it could cause 20+ mile backups at times. I'm just glad I don't go that way to work daily. However, I'm not looking forward to the added traffic on 275. I can almost guarantee that there will be a couple accidents next week on 275 east prior to the 471 ramp. People not familiar with that route don't realize that the 471 ramp backs up onto 275. People fly up the hill, and they can't tell the lane is backed up until they hit the top of the hill. I've seen numerous accidents and luckily avoided one 2 years ago.