KBA Summer State Tournament

This tourny has been huge over the years. The 6-7 years I have followed it it's always had 40-60 teams. This year just 14 and a couple of those forfeited games. Mercer got beat by 50 so I assume they didn't have everyone. Why has this tourny become so unimportant?

LCA beat Mercer County 70-34 in the quarterfinals. Trevon Faulkner played in that game.

In the semifinal game, LCA beat Southwestern 70-66. Carter Hendrickson had 34 points and Kyle Rode added 23. Both were clutch in the 4th quarter after LCA was down 59-53.

Hendrickson's four-point play completely changed the momentum.

The excerpt below is from the KBA tournament webpage. I wonder if this is keeping teams away.

"Beginning December 2016, KBA Sports is a 'Stay To Play' facility. This means that when participating in a KBA Sports event, as a condition of acceptance to the tournament, all out of town teams and/participants must reserve rooms through a KBA Sports reservation links and stay in an authorized hotel, at tournament rates.  No other rates or discounts, regardless of how obtained, will be honored.  Any teams not complying to tournament regulations may result in, but not limited to, no guarantee of special schedule requests or participation eligibility not being accepted or honored.

Please Click Here To Reserve Your Hotel Accommodations"

Edited by Kentucky Colonel

LCA beat Mercer County 70-34

You are correct that Trevon played but failed to mention he played 1 1/2 qtrs and Mercer was without 2 other starters. Credit to LCA they are going to have a good team this year and can create some matchup problems.

The excerpt below is from the KBA tournament webpage. I wonder if this is keeping teams away.

"Beginning December 2016, KBA Sports is a 'Stay To Play' facility. This means that when participating in a KBA Sports event, as a condition of acceptance to the tournament, all out of town teams and/participants must reserve rooms through a KBA Sports reservation links and stay in an authorized hotel, at tournament rates.  No other rates or discounts, regardless of how obtained, will be honored.  Any teams not complying to tournament regulations may result in, but not limited to, no guarantee of special schedule requests or participation eligibility not being accepted or honored.

Basically do this so they get a kickback on those hotel fees. KBA will be shut down by June 2018 or have new ownership.

You are correct that Trevon played but failed to mention he played 1 1/2 qtrs and Mercer was without 2 other starters. Credit to LCA they are going to have a good team this year and can create some matchup problems.

This is "summer ball" in a nutshell. I watched John Hardin play a couple of times....Mickey Pearson played about 2 qtrs. in each game. I don't blame Mickey or Faulkner or the coaches for that matter. Playing 2 or 3 summer league games a day is pointless, especially when it pertains to a tournament setting.

Is this real? Wow

Why would every team want to play is a better question IMO.

My point was is it get boring for the kids playing meaningless game after meaningless game for a three week period. Gives them a little something to play for. But that hotel set up is ridiculous.