Raceland Rams family loses a best friend

This morning, the Communities of Raceland and Worthington, KY. are grieving the loss of a great friend to the schools, students, fans and all Raceland Rams & Ramblers Alumni.....

Mike Hewlett has lost his battle with Cancer and is now with the Lord. Mike was a friend to all, the kind of man that always took up with / had the "little guy's" back and with a heart of gold (well, maybe Orange) would do anything to help a friend. Mike Hewlett was also retired from AK Steel in Ashland and was their long time United Steelworkers Union president. Mike coached youth baseball, football and basketball in the Raceland/Worthington community for a long time.

Mike was viewed by many to be one of if not the best linebacker to ever play at Raceland, graduating in 1967 Mike tried walking on at Eastern Ky. University football but his being undersized ultimately eliminated him.

Mike was one of my best friends and I traveled to many of Raceland Rams football and baseball games with him. We had some great times and in closing, any RAMS FAN that was within ear shot of the sidelines / fence will understand this tribute to Mike Hewlett ...so to any Rams and future Rams ......" You Have Got to Want it, Gentlemen " !

Good Bye for now Mike, I'll see you again one day.