NKY - Baseball Hotbed?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the 2014 Pioneers, the 2016 Camels and the 2017 Pioneers resided on the favorable side of the bracket. The 2015 Bluebirds went through fire to reach the title game.

NKY has had a decent run of success over the last few years. But neither SK team, Last years Campbell county team, nor the Scott final 4 team would even be considered the best teams in NKY, and all benefited from playing in weak regions, and easier draws. Any of the top 3 or maybe 4 teams in the 9th could have won the 8th or 10th.

I'd say the 2014 Pioneers, the 2016 Camels and the 2017 Pioneers resided on the favorable side of the bracket. The 2015 Bluebirds went through fire to reach the title game.

NKY has had a decent run of success over the last few years. But neither SK team, Last years Campbell county team, nor the Scott final 4 team would even be considered the best teams in NKY, and all benefited from playing in weak regions, and easier draws. Still you can only play the games in front of you, and you still have to win 6 games in a row against decent competition (3 regional games, 3 games at state) to make the finals.

All that being said, there are many great players in NKY due to the proximity of high level baseball in Cincinnati.

Edited by rjs4470

Well,sorry guy's,but somebody has to play from the other side of the draw.

Good luck to Troy and the Pioneers. PRP Will be tough.

Yep. Somebody does. And all you can do is do your job, and win the games ahead of you. But the way the tournament is set up, and with the unpredictability of high school baseball, rarely do the best teams in the state end up playing in the finals. And even though SK may have had an easier trip there, they still deserve lots of credit for making two finals in 4 years.

Simon Kenton advancing to this year's championship means NKY has a team in the state championship game for the fourth year in a row.

Is NKY now more of a baseball hotbed than football?

Hey I love HS Baseball and Football but honestly the Ninth Region at least for the last few years has been outstanding in the KHSAA for Basketball. Cooper Sweet Sixteen runner-up, NCC, Final Four CovCath State Champs and Sweet Sixteen runner-ups and I even haven't mentions Holmes. Yes at least for the last 10 years or so, the Ninth has been at the top of the KHSAA in Basketball.

A Simon Kenton team could get together and cure a disease and many people on BGP will find a way to tear them down. My god, Coach Roberts have them back in the state finals and your team is not. Give the Pioneers some credit!!

2 finals in 4 years is getting it done.