Observations from the Mercy Summer Showcase

Mercer County and Sacred Heart are the two best teams IMO at the Shootout.

Bullitt East is still pretty good. They put a hurting on Nelson County today.

One coach (Blue Team) was acting a complete Donkey. Would not want my daughter playing for him or if I was an athletic director or principal I would be calling him into office to talk.

Male is scrappy, unsure why Champ wasnt coaching them.

Calhoun from Christian Academy is pretty good.

Elizabethtown is pretty decent

Manual is pretty good.

Covington to Holy Cross has some big inside players and solid guards.

Mercer County and Sacred Heart are the two best teams IMO at the Shootout.

Bullitt East is still pretty good. They put a hurting on Nelson County today.

One coach (Blue Team) was acting a complete Donkey. Would not want my daughter playing for him or if I was an athletic director or principal I would be calling him into office to talk.

Male is scrappy, unsure why Champ wasnt coaching them.

Calhoun from Christian Academy is pretty good.

Elizabethtown is pretty decent

Manual is pretty good.

Covington to Holy Cross has some big inside players and solid guards.

And a pretty good transfer.

• 1 month later...

Mercer does lose 1 of their top 6. However, the 6th kid could probably have started for most teams in the state last year? Understand Mercer got a Junior transfer in as well. The kid that graduated (Houston) will certainly be missed by the Titans though. However, understand the 6th kid from last year (Lewis) had a great AAU summer via KY Premier as well as the kid that is transferring in. Starting all this again before you know it ...

Mercer does lose 1 of their top 6. However, the 6th kid could probably have started for most teams in the state last year? Understand Mercer got a Junior transfer in as well. The kid that graduated (Houston) will certainly be missed by the Titans though. However, understand the 6th kid from last year (Lewis) had a great AAU summer via KY Premier as well as the kid that is transferring in. Starting all this again before you know it ...

Lewis will be right around the 6 and 7 spot again this season. Her and the new transfer will be HUGE for the Titans this year. Transfer has offer from Eastern and Lewis developing into what looks like D1 talent... INSANE! 7 D1 kids and coming off a State Championship. Spots 6 and 7 would EASILY start on any other team in the state and could be the best player on majority of those teams. Mercer back-to-back State Champs!!