Montgomery County hires Beth Vice Barrier as girls hoops coach.

Beth (Vice) Barrier played on the Montgomery County Lady Indians team from '94-'98. She was the all-time leading basketball scorer at Montgomery County - boys and girls - with 2,685 points in her high school career. Went on to play basketball at the University of Alabama.

Coach Barrier teaches in the Montgomery County School System. Congrats and good luck to everyone involved!

http://www.montgomery.kyschools.us/userfiles/2407/My%20Files/20170614--MCHS%20Girls'%20Basketball%20Coach.pdf?id=552218

MONTGOMERY COUNTY SCHOOLS

NEWS RELEASE

June 14, 2017

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:Montgomery County High School Announces Girls’ Basketball Coach

Montgomery County High School is pleased to announce the hiring of Beth Vice Barrier as the school’s new Head Girls’ Basketball Coach. Coach Barrier has many years of experience in teaching and coaching, as well as some years at the collegiate level.

Coach Barrier attended the University of Alabama where she received a full athletic scholarship and played on the university’s women’s basketball team. During her time at Alabama she was a four year letter winner, named team captain both her junior and senior year, and became a member of the 1,000 point club.

Her coaching career began at Troy State University in South Alabama, where she spent three years as the assistant coach. She later went on to become the head coach at Menifee County High School for the girls’ basketball team for two years and also serving as the boys’ varsity assistant for one year. Coach Barrier has spent the last ten years as a volunteer assistant coach for the Montgomery County Lady Indians.

Upon being selected, Coach Barrier shared, "It's good to be home. The timing was perfect for me to get back into coaching and I feel blessed to be able to lead this group of ladies. We are going to work really hard at the right things to get this program back to where it needs to be."

“We are extremely thrilled about having Beth join our coaching family,” stated Kevin Letcher, Athletic Director of Montgomery County High School. “Her love and passion for Montgomery County Lady Indians Basketball is very evident and we are lucky to have her become part of our staff. Her vision for the program is one we are excited about and we believe it is one that will continue to build girls’ basketball in Montgomery County for years to come.”

Montgomery County High School Principal, Rocky Franz stated, “I am extremely excited to have Beth Barrier as our new girls’ basketball coach. She brings with her a basketball foundation that is deeply rooted in excellence at all levels of competition.”

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Added Press Release Text