2017 All-State Baseball Team Was Released Monday Night (June 12th)

Congrats to the young men for the recognition. Funny that a final four team in the state doesn't even have anyone get a HM. I CAN THINK OF AT LEAST 4 Simon Kenton Pioneers who should be somewhere on this list.

I'm not saying SK shouldn't have had anyone on the list. But just being a final 4 team isn't really indicative of how good they are. Baseball is probably the craziest and most unpredictable sport, and the state tourney final 4 is often a result of who gets a favorable draw. SK wasn't even ranked in the top 25 in the state....They were 1-5 against top 25 teams, and came out of a weak region. Prior to the region tourneys, I'm sure few if any would have predicted SK reaching the final 4. It's not surprising they had no one make all state, let alone 4. That being said, they've had a great year, and they are a solid program with two final four trips in the last 4 years. Roberts has done a nice job since taking over.

Congrats to the young men for the recognition. Funny that a final four team in the state doesn't even have anyone get a HM. I CAN THINK OF AT LEAST 4 Simon Kenton Pioneers who should be somewhere on this list.

Did you happen to notice that SK hasn't fill out a required stats sheet except for 7 of their 41 games played this season? Maybe that had something to do with it?

Simon Kenton 2

It's possible that you'll have a team in the championship game that didn't play another top-25 team in the postseason until the final.

That's just how weak the top bracket (and its regions) were this year.

Marion County is in the semis, too, and had just one All-State player.

Postseason (especially at State) success and all-season awards do NOT and should NOT go hand in hand.

Scott County and Woodford County are loaded with D-I talent in softball, but thanks to some crazy upsets and draws, neither team made the final four in Owensboro. But both had outstanding seasons and both have a plethora of D-I signees.

Judging by the whining and crying I've seen on Twitter, there should have been 300 players selected to the 1st team. Another thing is on softball where one person was a 3A player of the year and a different person was Miss Softball. How does that work?

Judging by the whining and crying I've seen on Twitter, there should have been 300 players selected to the 1st team. Another thing is on softball where one person was a 3A player of the year and a different person was Miss Softball. How does that work?

Softball is a way to honor another player ... who just so happened to be stuck in the same class with the state's top overall player.

I don't Tow cares that she didn't sweep Class and M.S. awards. She has been clued in to how it works.