Zion Harmon, BGHS super player received HUGE news...

Zion Harmon has broken another record. He is the first 8th grader to ever be invited to try out for the USA basketball U17 team. 32 kids selected to try out for national team. Harmon was only kid selected that will be a 2021 graduate. Harmon shines during tryout and made the final cut! 12 players begin play in Argentina next week. Reporters asked Harmon some questions during the presser. Harmon says that he looks forward in representing the Lord and the American flag well while on this team.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he stays too. I don't expect him to though. To be honest I don't expect him to begin his high school classes at BGHS.

I can only imagine the sharks in the water that are trying to leech onto this kid.

Taking nothing away from the young man as he is a tremendous talent but he was not your typical 8th grader. He was 15 years old on March 12th, born in 2002. As others stated it will be fun to watch him the next 4 years if he stays in the bluegrass. Will he be able to play in Ky. when he's a senior?

Taking nothing away from the young man as he is a tremendous talent but he was not your typical 8th grader. He was 15 years old on March 12th, born in 2002. As others stated it will be fun to watch him the next 4 years if he stays in the bluegrass. Will he be able to play in Ky. when he's a senior?

Yes. I know of 8th Graders who turned 15 before he did and they played as 19 year old seniors in high school.