2017 way too early Region 9 predictions

I could just type Notre Dame and stop...but

First the history..Notre Dame currently owns the 9th region. 9 out of the last 10, including the last 6 in a row.

It's very easy to say NDA again in 2017. Why not? But I do think NDA will see a real challenge from a talented St. Henry team. and possibly Cooper. I'd put NCC 4th. I'm sure NCC will have a good team, but NDA's & St. Henry's seasons would both have to implode for them to have a shot.

For everyone else in the 9th, measuring success is all relative. Maybe it's winning 15 games, or maybe it's making it out of Districts. I don't know where your bar is set. The separation between NDA & St. Henry, and the rest of the region, is great.

Of course, just like in previous years, injuries and depth always seem to be a factor as well.

So in summary...

NDA wins Region

Wouldn't be surprised if St. Henry did

Cooper is a longshot.

A lot would have to happen for anyone else to have a shot.

Tobergte (St. Henry) is POY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think your spot on volleymom. We lost a lot of talent to graduation over the last two seasons in NKY. NDA still has the highest percentage of kids who play club volleyball though, and until that changes its hard to pick against them being the favorite to win the 9th.

• 2 weeks later...
I could just type Notre Dame and stop...but

First the history..Notre Dame currently owns the 9th region. 9 out of the last 10, including the last 6 in a row.

It's very easy to say NDA again in 2017. Why not? But I do think NDA will see a real challenge from a talented St. Henry team. and possibly Cooper. I'd put NCC 4th. I'm sure NCC will have a good team, but NDA's & St. Henry's seasons would both have to implode for them to have a shot.

For everyone else in the 9th, measuring success is all relative. Maybe it's winning 15 games, or maybe it's making it out of Districts. I don't know where your bar is set. The separation between NDA & St. Henry, and the rest of the region, is great.

Of course, just like in previous years, injuries and depth always seem to be a factor as well.

So in summary...

NDA wins Region

Wouldn't be surprised if St. Henry did

Cooper is a longshot.

A lot would have to happen for anyone else to have a shot.

Tobergte (St. Henry) is POY

NCC will be a work in progress. Have to develop some hitters to go along with setter Mikah Freppon.

NCC will be a work in progress. Have to develop some hitters to go along with setter Mikah Freppon.

If I didn't have a coaches pass, I'd pay good money just to watch her play.....I've never seen a player dive/hustle for as many balls as she does. I've seen her sister (Kayla who was a star at Xavier) and her cousin Rachel McDonald (going to Southern Illinois) play in high school, both awesome players, but I'd take Mikah over them just because of the hustle.