Ohio State coach search

sportsfan41

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that he would go, but timing wise this is the perfect time to go after Billy D, never made sense to go after him during the NBA season. Wonder how good Billy and Urban got along?

Not happening. It'll likely be Shaka Smart or Mack. If I were Smart I'd get out of Texas ASAP while the iron is still hot. He could have a really, really successful and much more comfortable career at OSU than he will at Texas.

Not happening. It'll likely be Shaka Smart or Mack. If I were Smart I'd get out of Texas ASAP while the iron is still hot. He could have a really, really successful and much more comfortable career at OSU than he will at Texas.

Will he run out on Bamba? No way Texas would release Bamba to go to OSU.

Will he run out on Bamba? No way Texas would release him to go to OSU.

Not sure that OSU would have to release him since he committed after the signing period. Essentially there is no binding contract in that instance.

Not sure that OSU would have to release him since he committed after the signing period. Essentially there is no binding contract in that instance.

You mena Texas, right? Depends on if he has signed a LOI or not, he still could have signed one.

You mena Texas, right? Depends on if he has signed a LOI or not, he still could have signed one.

That would certainly be the deciding factor. I've seen nothing though that said that he has signed one though. Just that he would "likely" sign a financial aid agreement with Texas. Who knows?

That would certainly be the deciding factor. I've seen nothing though that said that he has signed one though. Just that he would "likely" sign a financial aid agreement with Texas. Who knows?

True, that would make getting Smart an even bigger get...if Bamba were to follow him.

According to 24/7 sports he did sign, but he may not have actually signed a LOI...even though they say he has.

True, that would make getting Smart an even bigger get...if Bamba were to follow him.

Yeah, makes one wonder if he didn't sign one due to the fact that he knew Smart may not be at Texas next year. It was talked about a while back that Matta was on the "hot seat" and may not be at OSU next season. Nothing happened until recently, which makes me think OSU already has their coach. Otherwise Matta would have been fired much earlier, IMO, to give them time to find a good replacement. Getting Smart would be a huge get for OSU, but a package deal with Smart bringing Bama with him would obviously be better for this upcoming season.

Yeah, makes one wonder if he didn't sign one due to the fact that he knew Smart may not be at Texas next year. It was talked about a while back that Matta was on the "hot seat" and may not be at OSU next season. Nothing happened until recently, which makes me think OSU already has their coach. Otherwise Matta would have been fired much earlier, IMO, to give them time to find a good replacement. Getting Smart would be a huge get for OSU, but a package deal with Smart bringing Bama with him would obviously be better for this upcoming season.

Getting Bamba would be the best part for OSU in my opinion. I'm not sold on how great of a Coach Smart actually is...OSU may be able to do better.

Getting Bamba would be the best part for OSU in my opinion. I'm not sold on how great of a Coach Smart actually is...OSU may be able to do better.

I think Smart is a really good coach, just not one that's going to constantly bring in really high level talent. But IMO, he doesn't need to. If he can get a couple of high level players every year to fit his scheme he can coach the others up. He may not be as good as some would like to believe but I'm not sure OSU could do better, dude is still a really good coach. Now that Miller is out of the question I'm not sure who would be a better option for OSU other than Mack, but to me him and Smart are about the same and if I had to guess Smart probably wants out of Texas, Mack is probably happy where he is at the moment.

According to 24/7 sports he did sign, but he may not have actually signed a LOI...even though they say he has.

I've seen a couple of articles that said that he did sign the LOI, but they came out at the same time as the article you mentioned. However other articles said that he would likely sign for financial aid came out that same day in the same time frame. I'm so leary on trusting the media these days that I don't know how to take that, which is why I said who knows.