Predators 5 Penguins 1 (NHL Stanley Cup Finals)

Bridgestone Arena was rocking last night as the Preds took it to the Penguins. Rinne stopped 27 of 28 shots and stepped up his play after sub-par performances in the first two games of the series. The Predators had five unanswered goals, including two within a minute in the second period through Roman Josi, on a power play, and then center Frederick Gaudreau to take the lead. James Neal scored from close range with 22 seconds left in the second period to give Nashville a two goal lead. Craig Smith scored on a breakaway early in the third period, later at the 13:10 mark Mattias Ekholm scored on a power play to make it 5-1.

The iconic catfish made the ice as well. The third period got really chippy as Pittsburgh became more and more frustrated. Crosby and Subban were jawing back and forth after the game. Apparently Crosby told Subban his breath smelled. I guess he figured he couldn't say anything negative about his play. Subban told NBC "He told me my breath smelled. But I used some listerine before the game so I don't know what he's talking about." :lol2: