Eminence hires Jason Mays as boys hoops coach.

I'm happy to see Jason back in Kentucky. He's spent his career mostly in the college ranks except for a year that he helped at Lexington Christian. I'm looking forward to watching some of his games next season.

Congrats to him and good luck with the new job!

I'm happy to see Jason back in Kentucky. He's spent his career mostly in the college ranks except for a year that he helped at Lexington Christian. I'm looking forward to watching some of his games next season.

Congrats to him and good luck with the new job!

I know it's a long haul, but you might consider making the trek to a home game, preferably against a 31st District opponent.

• 1 month later...

I heard the same thing. Lots of rumors floating around at my speedway that the super is offering the job to people again. I have several friends in Eminence. Hate these kids are having to go through this.

I hadn't heard about this until I read it on here. I called Jason's dad to see what had happened and he said Jason had accepted an assistant coach position at Kentucky Wesleyan. He's back with Happy Osborne again. He was an assistant to Happy at Georgetown for 8 year before spending one year as an assistant at Lex Christian and the past two years at Valdosta State.. He's spent most of his coaching career in the college ranks and I suppose an offer from Happy and Wesleyan was enough to lure him back into it.