2017 Belmont Stakes

The prospective Belmont Stakes field as of May 28: Classic Empire, Epicharis, J Boys Echo, Lookin At Lee, Senior Investment, Tapwrit, Twisted Tom and True Timber. Likely to run: Meantime and Multiplier. Possible starters: Conquest Mo Money, Gormley, Hollywood Handsome, Irish War Cry, and Patch

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a good field, but I will have to research several of these, as I am not familiar with them.

BTW the $500,000 Penn Mile is this Saturday and has a strong field as well. My minority interest horse may run there, but it would be against, for one, the horse that kicked our rear in the Desert Code two weeks ago....Armsrunner.

Looks like a good field, but I will have to research several of these, as I am not familiar with them.

BTW the $500,000 Penn Mile is this Saturday and has a strong field as well. My minority interest horse may run there, but it would be against, for one, the horse that kicked our rear in the Desert Code two weeks ago....Armsrunner.

Looks like a bigger than normal field for the Belmont. With no odds on favorites, should be a good betting race.

BTW "my" horse Cistron finished 3rd in the Penn Mile Saturday. It was a mile on turf. He ran the best of his career and won the Northern Spur on the dirt at Oaklawn in April, but the trainer is stuck on him being a turf horse. I am not sure I get why?

I'm pulling for Classic Empire. I would like to see him win one of the big four.

Contenders and odds for the 2017 Belmont Stakes as of June 6.

Classic Empire 2/1

Irish War Cry 7/2

Senior Investment 9/2

Epicharis 8/1

Tapwrit 8/1

Lookin at Lee 9/1

Multiplier 15/1

Meantime 18/1

Twisted Tom 18/1

Conquest Mo Money 25/1

Gormley 25/1

J Boys Echo 25/1

Master Plan 25/1

Patch 25/1

Hollywood Handsome 40/1

Irap 40/1

Time to travel 40/1 True Timber 40/1

I'm pulling for Classic Empire. I would like to see him win one of the big four.

Contenders and odds for the 2017 Belmont Stakes as of June 6.

Classic Empire 2/1

Irish War Cry 7/2

Senior Investment 9/2

Epicharis 8/1

Tapwrit 8/1

Lookin at Lee 9/1

Multiplier 15/1

Meantime 18/1

Twisted Tom 18/1

Conquest Mo Money 25/1

Gormley 25/1

J Boys Echo 25/1

Master Plan 25/1

Patch 25/1

Hollywood Handsome 40/1

Irap 40/1

Time to travel 40/1

True Timber 40/1

Man, with the type of horse he is charging late like that, requiring that much zip and gas and giving two hard runs in the first two races, I just don't see it happen. Would love it and had him in the Derby and love Lanerie, but I don't see him being able to close as hard as he did in the Derby.

Man, with the type of horse he is charging late like that, requiring that much zip and gas and giving two hard runs in the first two races, I just don't see it happen. Would love it and had him in the Derby and love Lanerie, but I don't see him being able to close as hard as he did in the Derby.

Belmont is typically won by "stalkers" and not "deep closers" because of the lack of pace in a mile and a half race. Winner is usually within 4 of the lead at the Mile pole.

But this year is wide, wide open.