Coca Cola 600

sumoroyal

The best racing day of the year continues with the Coca Cola 600 at Charlotte. The longest race on the NASCAR circuit. Can Dale, Jr. win the 600 for the first time and make the chase in his final season? Will Martin Truex continue to dominate mile and a half track and win back to back? Race will be four segments of 100 laps each. Should be fun to watch.

The best racing day of the year continues with the Coca Cola 600 at Charlotte. The longest race on the NASCAR circuit. Can Dale, Jr. win the 600 for the first time and make the chase in his final season? Will Martin Truex continue to dominate mile and a half track and win back to back? Race will be four segments of 100 laps each. Should be fun to watch.

I am going to tune in some, the 500 got me going today.

Man I'm loving seeing Davey Allison, Bill Elliott, Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace and other OG's running in the '97 Winston. Those cars from back them were probably my favorite all time. The old Thunderbirds were awesome.

Last Race at Talledega without restrictor plates, Elliott turned in a 212 mph qualifying lap. For a comparison the Indy pole was won that year with a speed around 216 mph. Todays Indy poles are around 225 mph and Talledega poles are around 192 due to plates being used. Those were some bad boys back in the day!