Indianapolis 500

sumoroyal

One of the worst wrecks that I have ever seen at Indy just occurred. Jay Howard hit the wall and then came down in front of pole sitter Scott Dixon who ran over him and went airborne and lands on top of the wall and catch fence. Both drivers walked away but it completely tore Dixon's car in half. Tore a huge hole in the fence and a photographer was standing right there. He also walked away. Very violent crash.

I've been to the Brickyard 400. Our seats were on the inside, right behind pit row. If you looked straight ahead while the cars were at full speed, they were simply a blur. Awesome sight!

I've been to Brickyard too, lucky enough to go to the very first one. We also had pit passes on the second day of qualifying. Thank goodness for the ear plugs they gave us.

I couldn't believe the difference in how much louder the Nascar cars were compared to the Indy cars.

One year we were able to watch Indy car practice from one of those suites in turn two. Sat on the deck right next to the wall and catch fence, it is truly amazing how fast those cars are up close like that.