FCC Stadium site options

Apparently the ownership is looking at three sites for a proposed $100,000,000 stadium. Taft Stadium site which is the closest to OTR, Oakley Station off of I-71 and the Newport flood wall. Oakley seems too far from the heart of Cincinnati, personally third on my list. Newport would be sweet spot with the city views but would FCC really want to be in NKY? The Taft High School site seems to make the most sense, located in OTR, game days would be crazy good for the local businesses in the area and could really help the Connector ridership.

Anybody been to the FCC bar the House of Orange on 5th street?

Not yet, but the big ugly white (and orange) monstrosity of a building caught me off guard as I was driving past it the other day.

At first I thought that a giant white truck was blocking my view of the building, then I realized that it was the building. :eek:

The place has been various things over the years, and mostly nothing in recent years, and I'm happy that it's going to finally be used for something, yet not at all thrilled with the out-of-place ugliness that it is becoming.

Big time eyesore.

The building itself originally was pretty nifty with its natural brick and rot iron fencing touches, and the only thing that it was missing was being utilized for something.

I'll assume that eventually it'll sorta grow on me, but I'll never forget what a good looking historical building that it once was to now just give way to it's ridiculous comic book cartoonish colors.

Yuck!

Apparently the ownership is looking at three sites for a proposed $100,000,000 stadium. Taft Stadium site which is the closest to OTR, Oakley Station off of I-71 and the Newport flood wall. Oakley seems too far from the heart of Cincinnati, personally third on my list. Newport would be sweet spot with the city views but would FCC really want to be in NKY? The Taft High School site seems to make the most sense, located in OTR, game days would be crazy good for the local businesses in the area and could really help the Connector ridership.

and why not Newport? My guess and it's only a guess but I think NKy and the Commonwealth would be more open to work with FCC $$$. Now the big question is, will the Ohio snobs be willing to cross the very, very, wide Ohio River (at least from Ohio to Ky not so wide from Ky to Ohio) to attend a match in Kentucky. Personally I think the Covington IRS location is much better and then the FCC could stand for FC Covington. Oh that would just kill the Ohio folks! LOL :lol2:

and why not Newport? My guess and it's only a guess but I think NKy and the Commonwealth would be more open to work with FCC $$$. Now the big question is, will the Ohio snobs be willing to cross the very, very, wide Ohio River (at least from Ohio to Ky not so wide from Ky to Ohio) to attend a match in Kentucky. Personally I think the Covington IRS location is much better and then the FCC could stand for FC Covington. Oh that would just kill the Ohio folks! LOL :lol2:

Were not going to get a bridge, might as well get a Soccer Team. BTW KY wont do a thing, because they will have to do it for Louisville too. We know the governor doesnt like Louisville.

From a practical standpoint (value of land and ease of acquiring land) the only choice that makes sense is Newport.

That said no one is going to pony up any public money so it is likely never going to happen.

Got to be careful with the "teams must have their own stadium" dictated rule. Eventually they are going to run out of cities that can "build" a stadium.