Start time 6:15 for all night games, yes or no?

I say yes, but would be more agreeable with 6:40. With most games checking in at around 3 hours, if I can get out of there and home by 10, would like. My favorite game time start is the Saturday 4 o'clock games, always like having dinner and a drink or 3 after the game,not before.When games were at old Riverfront years ago, wasn't start times closer to 8?

Edited by All In

I live 30 minutes from downtown. During the school year, we don't go to any weekday night games. The only way to get home in time for my son to get to bed is to leave the game early (probably 6th or 7th inning). That's just stupid to me, so we don't go.

What I'd propose (at least for April/May/September, like @cowboy90 said) would be to have a dedicated day to hold the "early start" games. Sort of the same way that Wednesdays are normally the days they have the Businessman's Special. I mean there's a reason why they do most of those then. It's the same reason most Sunday games are afternoon affairs...it's getaway day. It gives the travelling team(s) a head start getting to the next city.

So, if you look at the second day of series, it's usually Tuesdays (Mon-Wed, or Mon-Thu series) or Fridays/Saturdays (Thu-Sun or Fri-Sun series). There's no need to do any adjusting on the Friday or Saturdays, because most people don't have school/work to get up for the following day. However on Tuesdays, they would. So, that'd be the perfect day to do it. Heck, market it as a Schoolkid special. You could even use it on Wednesdays too, if there was no Businessman's special starting time. Just my 2-cents.

I say yes, but would be more agreeable with 6:40. With most games checking in at around 3 hours, if I can get out of there and home by 10, would like. My favorite game time start is the Saturday 4 o'clock games, always like having dinner and a drink or 3 after the game,not before.When games were at old Riverfront years ago, wasn't start times closer to 8?

Growing up in 60's and 70's I remember first pitch being at 8:05. Eventually it went to 7:35 and is now 7:10.

I'm assuming you have never lived in a big city where work, traffic would cause you to be late. Typical commutes in big cities are not the same as a bad day in our little towns, much worse. Big city teams also drive the revenue for MLB. Let us not forget prime time TV contracts.

Until they actually speed up the game, doesnt matter what time you start the games, it wont matter during the week. Start them early, parking is an issue close to the stadium, people trying to get into town, while others trying to get out of town. Hot mess. Start them late, they will finish in another day.