Predators 6 Ducks 3 (NHL)

Nashville is going to the Stanley Cup Finals!!!!

The Preds were up 3-1 going into the 3rd period. The Ducks scored 2 goals to tie it, out shooting Nashville 37-13 with 10 minutes to go. The puck was staying in the Nashville zone and the Ducks were pounding Pekka Rinne.

However, with 6:00 to go, and 3 seconds after killing an Anaheim power play, the Predators score on Colton Sessions's hat trick goal, putting Nashville up 4-3.

With 2:35 left, Anaheim pulls their goalie. 13 seconds later, Filip Forsberg gets one passed the last the Duck defense and if floats down the ice for an empty netter.

Remember, the Ducks came back from 3 down, with less than 4 minutes left in the game, to tie and take a game from Edmonton, so nobody was counting Anaheim out until Austin Wilson got a clean shot at the empty net with 1:35 left.

Fun game to watch.

When Trisha Yearwood sings the National Anthem, you know good thing are going to happen. :D

The Preds take the series 4-2.

Agreed; really fun game to watch. WAY closer than that final score indicates thanks to the two empty-netters late on.

Really hoping for Nashville/Ottawa as we'd be guaranteed a first time Cup winner. Don't think that's going to happen at this point though.

At this point it's al gravy to me. I have nothing against Anaheim, but I wanted either the pure first timers (Nashville), the Canadien team (Ottawa), or the team I've had an affinity for since Lemieux (Pittsburgh). I'm going to be happy with whoever lifts the cup.

Great series this one. Rinne was standing on his head.

The Preds were able to do this without Ryan Johansen and Mike Fisher too. It is amazing the home-ice advantage they have had the entire playoffs in Nashville of all places. It has been incredible to follow this 8 seed proving their sweep of the Blackhawks wasn't a fluke.

Also of note for this series: Against the Blackhawks and the Blues Nashville was a hard-hitting team. This series Anaheim upped the ante, and it was super physical. The play that resulted in boarding against the Ducks was crazy.

The Preds were able to do this without Ryan Johansen and Mike Fisher too. It is amazing the home-ice advantage they have had the entire playoffs in Nashville of all places. It has been incredible to follow this 8 seed proving their sweep of the Blackhawks wasn't a fluke.

Also of note for this series: Against the Blackhawks and the Blues Nashville was a hard-hitting team. This series Anaheim upped the ante, and it was super physical. The play that resulted in boarding against the Ducks was crazy.

Haven't been following, what's wrong with these 2?

Haven't been following, what's wrong with these 2?

Johansen has a leg injury and is out for the rest of the playoffs. Fisher had a head injury that has him out the last couple games, but hopefully will be back for the Cup. Both guys were on the ice for the Conference championship celebration though. Johansen was on crutches, and team captain Fisher looked good, but you never know really know time periods as far as concussion protocol goes.