Your Early 9th Region Rankings

CDA teams will be chosen this week. Two months from Bluegrass.

Does anyone knock off NDA?

Final four was the same two years in a row, will a new school break through?

Expect the same names in the tournament or does a dark horse make an appearance?

Edited by nkysoccerparent

I understand that basically the entire 2003 KHA Red team is trying out for the CDA team - several incoming NKY Freshman girls in that group.

Look for the pipeline to start lacking some of the higher level players.

I am not sure how it will effect the girls already playing high school especially at the varsity level. We'll have a better idea after next week.

The Red academy players have been strongly encouraged to try out for CDA. Believe 99 is mostly OH players, 00 and 01 have quite a few KY players. The 01 girls have quite a few with a shot to get an offer IMO, don't believe this is the case for 00. 02 group would be the youngest impacting the '17 varsity season, and most would only be Fr so the level of impact is questionable.

From what I understand most of the 02 group are currently freshman (some of played varsity last season) - a couple of the younger 02 players are still in 8th grade - Most of the 03's are currently in 8th grade and will be freshman next season.

Even though most of the 03 players wouldn't play varsity as freshman (at schools like the aforementioned NDA) at least they would be in the pipeline.

According to the upcoming KY Cup brackets - these KHA teams are deemed "Kentucky" teams:

KHA G04 Red

KHA G03 Red Will be primarily Freshmen next season

KHA G02 Red Will be primarily Sophmores next season

KHA G01 Red Will be primarily Juniors next season

KHA G00 Red Will be primarily Seniors next season

KHA G99 Blue

(KHA G99/00 Red & KHA G98 Red are Ohio South)

The rosters can be found here:

GotSoccer Club Detail

Would be interested to hear which KY schools lost players to the DA, teams have been selected. As for the original topic IMO, will be more balanced than prior years.

Highlands and NDA- a coin flip for the favorite

Next tier likely a mix of Ryle, NCC, Dixie, Boone. Any of the prior could end up in the regional final if healthy.

I think only a couple girls from NKY will play DA. I've heard Tierney, Decker from NDA and Gessner (HHS). I haven't heard if these 3 made the DA yet but my guess is they will. This hurts NDA and Highlands if this happens but levels the playing field a little for the 9th region IMO.

If HHS looses Gessner that definitely brings them back to the pack. Looks like the DA might bring some parity to the girls side. That might be the end of any more state titles for nky.

I think only a couple girls from NKY will play DA. I've heard Tierney, Decker from NDA and Gessner (HHS). I haven't heard if these 3 made the DA yet but my guess is they will. This hurts NDA and Highlands if this happens but levels the playing field a little for the 9th region IMO.
Meyer girl from Highlands won't play, or won't be selected?