How many more starts for Arroyo?

Guy is giving it all he has but the number of starts left in his career is probably in the single digits. Reds rotation is a disaster and they have no alternative but to keep letting him go out there, but it looks like the end is in sight.

Nice career and a real competitor.

When the better starters get healthy, he will probably be let go. Today was one of the ugly ones, but he has been doing a decent job keeping the Reds in games and giving them a chance to win. In 4 of his previous 6 starts, he allowed 3 runs or less and had a 3-2 record. I know, he is just getting to 5 innings but at least the Reds are in games with a chance to win. That is comparable to what the other starters have been doing. Garrett is about the only starter that has been better than Arroyo and even Garrett hasn't been that much better. Garrett's last start 6 ER in 4 innings. Three starts before that Garrett gave up 9 ER in 3 1/3.

Garrett was pitching great until they decided to send him down for 10 days. That told me they wasn`t all that serious about contending. They tried to say it was to limit his innings. But it also gave them control of him for an extra year before he could become a free agent. If I heard it correctly. Please correct me if that is wrong.

Garrett was pitching great until they decided to send him down for 10 days. That told me they wasn`t all that serious about contending. They tried to say it was to limit his innings. But it also gave them control of him for an extra year before he could become a free agent. If I heard it correctly. Please correct me if that is wrong.

I believe the nine runs in 3 1/3 Innings happened before he went down.

It was both.

174 starts as a Red. Tied for Joe Nuxhall for 7th all time. He will have a couple more goods starts which will save him till the end of the year unless they get so far out of first they bring in a bunch of mid minors guys. They may not want to do that because that ends up expensive due to options and crazy MLB contracts.

I don't even know who the Reds' current pitching coach is. Whoever it is, fire him and promote Bronson to that job. Even if he can't get it done on the bump, he can teach. These young guys need somebody like Bronson around.

I don't even know who the Reds' current pitching coach is. Whoever it is, fire him and promote Bronson to that job. Even if he can't get it done on the bump, he can teach. These young guys need somebody like Bronson around.

He's said already he doesn't want to unfortunately.

He's said already he doesn't want to unfortunately.

Apparently wants to chase a rock'n'roll career while he's still young and pretty (my speculation). In that light, he can still always get a job as a pitching coach, but if he steps away from MLB altogether after his impending release, he'll have to work his way back up the hard way.