Bazooka subs

spindoc

Anyone have any experience with them. 6" , 8", 10"? Passive or already amplified?

I'm considering buying one, refurbished perhaps, to put in a boat. Any suggestions/recommendations would be terrific.

Really depends on how much sound you want...

I'd always go with active over passive. Wiring is very easy for most people. If you've already got speakers on the boat and are just trying to add a little something extra, a 10" would probably do the trick, but I wouldn't go any smaller if you want to hear it while you're out on the water.

If you don't have speakers at all, I'd spend the money and go with JL Audio Marine.

Really depends on how much sound you want...

I'd always go with active over passive. Wiring is very easy for most people. If you've already got speakers on the boat and are just trying to add a little something extra, a 10" would probably do the trick, but I wouldn't go any smaller if you want to hear it while you're out on the water.

If you don't have speakers at all, I'd spend the money and go with JL Audio Marine.

I have polk speakers, but I'm not sure of the tuner. I think I'm leaning towards 8s or 10s. They make a 250watt powered sub that I might try. And yes it's the marine version, but I think I can keep it out of the weather for the most part. I'm not sure really what I want, if that makes sense, but more than sound I get out of the system now. Great highs and mids, but if I'm gonna rock Atomic Dog in the middle of the lake, I want to feel it.

I have polk speakers, but I'm not sure of the tuner. I think I'm leaning towards 8s or 10s. They make a 250watt powered sub that I might try. And yes it's the marine version, but I think I can keep it out of the weather for the most part. I'm not sure really what I want, if that makes sense, but more than sound I get out of the system now. Great highs and mids, but if I'm gonna rock Atomic Dog in the middle of the lake, I want to feel it.

I would consider a marine sub/amp combo instead of a Bazooka tube if you really want it to thump. Bazooka will give you nice sound, but only so much.

I would consider a marine sub/amp combo instead of a Bazooka tube if you really want it to thump. Bazooka will give you nice sound, but only so much.
I'll give them a look. I'm hoping for easy install (by me) and it has to be relatively conservative size-wise. MTX makes a nice compact little powered sub I like the look of.