Top 2A Girls to Watch at the 2017 State Track Meet

Friday is the final day of the 2017 track season for Class 2A . The girls featured below are just a few of the many outstanding performers who will compete at UK's Outdoor Track Complex. (All ranking #'s are for Class 2A, unless noted):

4 x 400 Meter Relay, Boyle Co. vs, John Hardin: The day's final event could decide the the meet winner between 2A's top two teams. The defending champion Rebels and challenger Bulldogs, clocked the #3 and #4 times last week in their respective regions.

Michaela Reinhart, Lexington Catholic '17 (Duke commit): 1600m, 3200m.

*Two-time defending 3200m champ blistered the Kentucky all-time record by 22 seconds at the Arcadia Invitational in California five weeks ago (then the #5 US time). Also has the 2017 #1 (#4 KY all-time) mark in the 1600m, as well as the #3 KY all-time Mile. All-class State Meet records are just a few ticks away.

* Two-time state champion and Gatorade KY Runner of the Year in cross country. Michaela is shooting for state titles five and six, to cap off a great high school career.

Valesha Watson, Paducah Tilghman '19: 100m, 200m, 400m, 4 x 100m Relay

* Defending champion in all four events, won last year as a freshman. Blue Tornado speedster is top-ranked 2A sprinter again this year, and no lower than #8 KY All-class in any event. Closing in on Class 2A records at 200m and the 4 x 100m Relay.

Kylie Thompson, Boyle Co. '17 vs. Jordan Nelson, John Hardin '18: 100m, 200m, 4 x 200m relay.

* Trying to pile up team points, the #2 and #3 ranked 2A sprinters will meet head-to-head in three events, with Thompson also hoping to win as part of 4 x 400m Relay.

Zoe Yeast, Mercer Co. '20: Discus Throw, Shot Put

* Titan freshman thrower is already the #15 all-time KY performer in the discus. #1 in 2A, and the favorite at State. Zoe is also the #2, 2A shot putter.

Mya Muschette, John Hardin '17: Triple Jump, Long Jump, 4 x 100m & 4 x 200m Relays.

* Defending Triple Jump champion. Mya is the favorite to win both horizontal jumps this year.

Key member of Lady Bulldogs short sprint relays.

Rising Stars: These girls are all #1 performers in their events this season.

Promise Cross, Rowan Co. '20: High Jump

Autumn King, Rockcastle Co. '20: Long Jump

Katie Wright, North Oldham '21: Pole Vault

http://khsaa.org/track/2017/statetrackmeetschedule.pdf

http://khsaa.org/records/track/statetrackmeetrecords.pdf

4 x 400 Meter Relay, Boyle Co. vs, John Hardin: The day's final event could decide the the meet winner between 2A's top two teams. The defending champion Rebels and challenger Bulldogs, clocked the #3 and #4 times last week in their respective regions.

How about those Birds!!! :jump:

Congrats to State Champion Highlands 4 x 400 Relay Team::thumb:

(Senior Beth Ann Griffith, Adriana Muntaner '20, Savannah Brady '18, and Sophie Steppe '18).:watching:

I was just kidding with you. Given what Boyle and Ashland had coming back, I didn't think we had a chance. Still not sure how we won.

Appreciate all of your posts about track last week.

I was just kidding with you. Given what Boyle and Ashland had coming back, I didn't think we had a chance. Still not sure how we won.

Appreciate all of your posts about track last week.

My pleasure OB.

They were totally off my radar. Don't often see a 13+ second progression during the season to Region; then almost another 5 second improvement in a week. 400 is a "guts" race, and the 4 x 4 is a "will to win" one. Your ladies displayed both. Well done!

My pleasure OB.

They were totally off my radar. Don't often see a 13+ second progression during the season to Region; then almost another 5 second improvement in a week. 400 is a "guts" race, and the 4 x 4 is a "will to win" one. Your ladies displayed both. Well done!

Seems to me that there might have been some sand in the bag.

Seems to me that there might have been some sand in the bag.

;) PB's: 2:21 800 x 61 x 63 x 60 400's, is a pretty full bag. I"ll admit I didn't check the contents label on said bag.

In any case, well played. Gamesmanship is one of the beauties of T & F.

Oldbird?

Edited by Runcible Owl

;) PB's: 2:21 800 x 61 x 63 x 60 400's, is a pretty full bag. I"ll admit I didn't check the contents label on said bag.

Gamesmanship is one of the beauties of T & F. Oldbird?

There was no sandbagging and no gamesmanship from us. We felt fortunate to win the region against Lex. Cath. Heck I was hoping Reinhart would set records in the 1,600 and 3,200 just so she might be more tired than she was the previous week in the 4x400.

We really didn't think we had a shot. Boyle returned everyone from a group of girls that ran a 4:06 to win state and Ashland returned 3 of 4 from group of girls that ran a 4:07. If either of those teams runs those times then we would be third just like we were last year. With that said I do believe that our girls did give it their all and ran as well as they are probably capable.

There was no sandbagging and no gamesmanship from us. We felt fortunate to win the region against Lex. Cath. Heck I was hoping Reinhart would set records in the 1,600 and 3,200 just so she might be more tired than she was the previous week in the 4x400.

We really didn't think we had a shot. Boyle returned everyone from a group of girls that ran a 4:06 to win state and Ashland returned 3 of 4 from group of girls that ran a 4:07. If either of those teams runs those times then we would be third just like we were last year. With that said I do believe that our girls did give it their all and ran as well as they are probably capable.

Well spoken coach. No harm intended. Poor attempt to keep the conversation lively:sorry:. Really, admirable effort. Best wishes to you and your girls next year!