• Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    • Dodge Ram 1500
    • Nissan Titan
    • Toyota Tundra

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ford F-150 6 cyl. is 13 years old, 139K miles and still runs like a top.

Something to consider, I prefer a truck that sits lower to the ground, not 4-wheel drive, not heavy duty springs, etc. Seems like the newer trucks all sit higher than my older F-150. The reason this matters is if you do any work out of the back of your truck, like shovel gravel, dirt, or mulch you'll be glad for a lower tailgate height. If your truck is for show and not work, then the height of the tailgate is purely a matter of preference with no practical import. I also prefer a truck with at least a 6 1/2 ft. bed so it is useful for hauling stuff.

F-150 or Tundra. 6 or 1/2 dozen of another for me as I really like both trucks.

I have a 2010 crew cab with the large bed. It is huge. Very spacious back seat which I needed. Only has about 60,000 miles on it. Bro in law loves his Tundra. It is a 2012 with about 180,000 on it. Crew cab but small bed. Can't go wrong with either.

GM products, to me, are the most driver-friendly vehicles on the market and the user interface on the steering wheel, dash, and infotainment center are in a league of their own, though the trailer assist on the F-150 is handy for someone new to trailer-ing.

I'm far more familiar with what's inside the cab than under the hood, and there are so many variations on engines that to someone like me, the difference is negligible among like-sized engines.

If towing/hauling are priorities, the 250/2500 is worth consideration, but depending on the load, 150/1500 are typically sufficient, as the 4.3L V6 has a towing capacity ranging to about 7,500lb, and I occasionally hear of them pulling above that.

I'm a Toyota guy, so that's my first choice. I have a 2006 Tundra double cab, but can't wait for the day that I can afford a newer crew max as the 1st generation double cab gets a little cramped with 3 kids in the back.