Big Bang Theory Spinoff - Young Sheldon

As a BBT fanatic I'm looking forward to this, and I really hope it flies.

If anyone recalls the one episode way back in one of the earlier seasons where Sheldon's attractive twin sister visits, and all the other guys fumble around hoping to get her attention, she had a Texan accent that the little girl playing his twin sister in Young Sheldon nails.

From the trailer it looks like they paid close attention to really making it sound believable for all the BBT fans who remember her and how she sounded when she spoke.

[video=youtube;XR-jIhwIfIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-jIhwIfIw

When the trailer got to the part where Sheldon is talking one on one with his Dad, the singer of the background song felt familiar, and it took me a few minutes before I realized that I had seen this fine folk outfit "Ivan & Alyosha" back in June of 2011 in the upstairs parlor of the old Southgate House in Newport for an intimate show.

They were goose bumpy good with their harmonies and instantly accessible, sometimes Beatlesque melodies filling up the room. Many of their tunes are very much worth a listen for those so inclined to this brand of melodic acoustic folk.

the actress playing his mom is the daughter of the actress that plays his mom on BBT. Can't wait to see the episode where his mom gets him tested to see if he's crazy

That's a very interesting piece of trivia. Now this explains why they look so much alike.

My prediction? Going by the promo, this show will last about as long as a roofie in Bill Cosby's pocket.

I've been wondering myself too just how long this spinoff can last before it fizzles out. I hope that it works, but can see where it might not.

One thing to consider though is that with this boy being 9 the writers do have room to work while watching him grow up and go off to college.

I'm assuming that much of the material can spawn from the various things Sheldon had ever mentioned about his childhood, yet they're going to have to prove pretty clever to come up with enough material to make it last.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...