Votto or Doggie?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but...I'd take Votto. You put him 3rd in the lineup behind Rose and Morgan, and ahead of Bench and Foster, and he'd have had a gawdy stat line. Doggie was great, don't get me wrong. But, I think he benefitted more from the surrounding players in the lineup than Joey has.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but...I'd take Votto. You put him 3rd in the lineup behind Rose and Morgan, and ahead of Bench and Foster, and he'd have had a gawdy stat line. Doggie was great, don't get me wrong. But, I think he benefitted more from the surrounding players in the lineup than Joey has.

Completely agree. I love Doggie but Votto would have been amazing in that lineup.

You can't compare the two, two TOTALLY different era's in TOO many ways.

BTW, I'd take Tony Perez, but then again that's when baseball was fun to watch. Trying to watch today's game ranks right up there with Golf & Tennis......:puke: at least that's my 2 cents worth. :lol2:

Lets look at it from the stats side of things.

Perez

BA .279

OBP .341

SLG .463

OPS .804

162 game AVG - 74 Runs 22 HR 96 RBI 54 BB 109 K

Votto

BA .312

OBP .424

SLG .538

OPS .962

162 game AVG - 97 Runs 29 HR 95 RBI 110 BB 127 K

Lets look at it from the stats side of things.

Perez

BA .279

OBP .341

SLG .463

OPS .804

162 game AVG - 74 Runs 22 HR 96 RBI 54 BB 109 K

Votto

BA .312

OBP .424

SLG .538

OPS .962

162 game AVG - 97 Runs 29 HR 95 RBI 110 BB 127 K

Looks like an easy answer to me. Just imagine the number Votto could put up with better protection like Perez had.

Looks like an easy answer to me. Just imagine the number Votto could put up with better protection like Perez had.

He also would have less RBI opportunities having to share them with Bench, Morgan, and Foster.