Owen County hired Amy Wesselman as girls hoops coach.

Who didn't see that coming. Nepotism at it worst right there. One couple is the AD, JV boys coach, Head Football Coach and now Girls Varsity Basketball coach.

She's a good coach brother.

Pretty sure I listed all of his positions

I see. I think he's a pretty good coach too from what I've seen. You seem not thrilled with this hire. Was there someone that you were hoping got the job? I can't imagine there were too many applicants for an Owen County job.

This post is not about Mr. Wesselman. If you want to bash him, start another thread. Congrats to Mrs. Wesselman. Great hire.

Don't be sensitive young one. We can talk about subtopics related to the thread.

From my knowledge a committee was formed, and Mr. Wesslemen excused himself from that committee. I'm sure the applicant pool wasn't super deep, and I knew when I saw the announcement that there would be cries of nepotism. Honestly, I'm not sure how it could've been handled much better than it was.

Owen should be lucky she wanted it. Not a lot in the pipe line right now it would seem....especially when your best young kids are continually getting picked off

I agree. Especially considering, in my opinion only, she probably anticipated this opportunity taking place a few years ago.