Should the NFL have a Draft Lottery similar to the NBA?

Should the NFL adopt some sort of lottery similar to the NBA whereby every team that does not make the playoffs gets a shot (even if it is small) of the # 1 pick?

Obviously the team with the worst record would get the best shot at #1 but would not be guaranteed the #1 pick.

Or maybe the worst 5 have a lottery for the first 5 picks.......then 6-10 have one for those picks....e.g Bengals could have #6, 7, 8, 9 or 10th pick this year?

Would it lead to less tanking at the end of the year?

Should the NFL adopt some sort of lottery similar to the NBA whereby every team that does not make the playoffs gets a shot (even if it is small) of the # 1 pick?

Obviously the team with the worst record would get the best shot at #1 but would not be guaranteed the #1 pick.

Or maybe the worst 5 have a lottery for the first 5 picks.......then 6-10 have one for those picks....e.g Bengals could have #6, 7, 8, 9 or 10th pick this year?

Who tanks? I honestly can't name one team that I recall tanking so they get the first pick.

Not needed in the NFL. With 22+ starters one player is less likely to make a huge impact. Even if you draft a great QB you still need a good line, etc. With the NBA there could be a single player out there that makes the difference.

No they should not change it. The NFL still has more parity than other sports. Year to year you see teams go from bad to good and vice versa. Now you still have dominate teams like the Patriots. However with Free agency and how they do the draft. It's a league every year that has new good teams pop up.

Also besides that unless it's a stud can't miss qb. There is a lot of times not just that one player that can change a team like in the NBA.

In fact I think the NBA should be like the NFL draft. That would prevent any conspiracy from happening with the "random" draft lottery system. However that's a whole other debate.

I don't understand the benefit to the league or the fan that you think will result from going to an NBA-type lottery.